Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
manimanc said:
Just fucking attack and attack and attack, get on the front foot from the first whistle, go for the jugular and make them shit their pants, nobody has battered them yet so let us be the 1st to do it, they looked like rabbits in the headlights at west ham and it took 2 pens to sort them out, they didn't play that good on sunday, they're feeling the heat......
This x 1 gazillion

manimanc said:
Just fucking attack and attack and attack, get on the front foot from the first whistle, go for the jugular and make them shit their pants, nobody has battered them yet so let us be the 1st to do it, they looked like rabbits in the headlights at west ham and it took 2 pens to sort them out, they didn't play that good on sunday, they're feeling the heat......
Agree,im more concerned if we did get in front early doors,that we would then drop off,as has happened at times this season.....

sam-caddick said:
We have to watch our left side as no doubt Rodgers will look to destroy us down that side, neither Kolarov and Clichy have been great defensively this season and Demichelis does have an error in him so we do have to be careful here.

I would still play Kolarov, we need his crossing as an extra form of attack as I think Rodgers will look to go with a diamond in midfield to combat us playing through the middle, so for me Kolarov has to start.

And if Nasri plays in front of the fullback it's more open Nasri is quality on the ball but if it he goes to sleep a bit

Have to say, in all probability they will be expecting a measured, cautious approach from us, keeping it tight etc.

If we did decide to go 4-4-2 from the off with Dezko and Aguero starting and full on attack like we started at the swamp, it would surprise the fuck out of them and to be honest it's not that daft.

But it is a bit daft. They have scored more goals than us, and they are at home. And we aren't at our free-scoring best right now. So this strategy, appealing though it might seem, would likely end in defeat imho. Better to keep it tight, keep the ball as much as we possibly can, frustrate them and hit the on the break. They need the win, we do not.

Chippy_boy said:
Have to say, in all probability they will be expecting a measured, cautious approach from us, keeping it tight etc.

If we did decide to go 4-4-2 from the off with Dezko and Aguero starting and full on attack like we started at the swamp, it would surprise the fuck out of them and to be honest it's not that daft.

But it is a bit daft. They have scored more goals than us, and they are at home. And we aren't at our free-scoring best right now. So this strategy, appealing though it might seem, would likely end in defeat imho. Better to keep it tight, keep the ball as much as we possibly can, frustrate them and hit the on the break. They need the win, we do not.
We hit 5 past Fulham, 3 past United and 4 past Southampton. All in recent weeks.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of missing out on the Moral Cup?

Kudos to Stoke, Sunderland and now seemingly Liverpool, though.

Apparently all you have to do, beforehand, is claim you are a more passionate support, how the years of waiting for silverware can't prepare plastic City for the whirlwind which is to come.

Steal yourselves, Blues, I fear another Moral Cup failure.

The pan of Scouse is a bubbling over with joy :(

mcfc2607 said:
Chippy_boy said:

We hit 5 past Fulham, 3 past United and 4 past Southampton. All in recent weeks.

I hear what you are saying, and it's definitely better than the period after we lost to Chelsea. But we still haven't *quite* got our mojo back. Aguero's been out, obviously. Negredo hasn't scored since i can't remember when. Jovetic hasn't started lately and Dzeko is, well, just Dzeko.

We are doing good and still the best team in the prem, but going toe to toe and trying to outscore Liverpool, at Anfield, would not be the wisest strategy imho.

blue ranger said:
Pellers doesn't really give much away with the media - but I'd definitely like to hear him this week mentioning the number of penalties liverpool are getting and the importance of a strong referee. Would it also be worth mentioning the antics of skrtel at corners - sometimes it's important to pit the onus on the ref.
Could work against us if this is said. I.e. Clattenburg subconsciously needs to prove that he's not influenced by Pellers comments.

I want Milner in because he's solid and Jovetic as the surprise package. If they're going to score you know it'll be off a penalty because MDM facing the pace of Suarez and Sturridge is one of the scariest things since the wagon trains got caught in the open by the Sioux cavalry. But there has to come a time when City make good on their quick starts - if Nasri had put away that chance at 1-0 right after YaYa's penalty last weekend, if they'd taken their chances when they went ahead in the games at Arsenal, Newcastle, Southampton, the rags and other places, those games would have been won after 20 minutes. So I'm hoping City build an early and unassailable lead and then I can watch without turning the sound off.

manimanc said:

Post of the day IMO . Keeping it tight and cagey might end in a similar result like chelsea at home in PL . It's far too risky especially as they'll be attacking from the off . We already know their game plan which will leave loads of space for our boys to rattle skrtel who isn't up to it IMO .No . Attack at every opportunity ,defend very robustly and fairly while not in possession . At least make them know they are in one heck of a game . Make us proud boys and don't be intimidated one little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.