Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft release a scouse keyboard for the game...
Fancy_Pants-2477489.jpg

Some top debate on here re line ups.

However, I see no evidence at all to suggest Pelle will do anything except play as attacking a line up as he can.

He doesn't do pragmatism and fitting around the opponent.

He goes windmilling and roundhousing in looking for the knockout whilst the opponent rings his 'boys'.

I reckon something like:

Hart

Zab Vinny MDM Kolarov

Navas Silva Toure Fern Nasri

Aguero

Zab, Navas and Kolarov providing width and overlaps. Fern 'sitting' and Toure, Silva and Nasri orchestrating.

Aguero running the channels and coming back to make a 6 if necessary.

Vinny and MDM 'stepping out' to make a deep midfield 2/3 with Fern.

Front foot. Aggressive. Attacking.

Not saying I agree with him, but I do think he will just proper go for it.

have kpmpany holding a high line, have demi dropping deeper and have an extra holding mid to counteract their pace garcia would be perfect as he acts as a halfback and drops into CB when vinnie rampages forward

hart
zab kompany demi clichy
fernandinho garcia
nasrI/jovetic yaya silva
striker take your pic

Glauber Berti said:
have kpmpany holding a high line, have demi dropping deeper and have an extra holding mid to counteract their pace garcia would be perfect as he acts as a halfback and drops into CB when vinnie rampages forward

hart
zab kompany demi clichy
fernandinho garcia
nasrI/jovetic yaya silva
striker take your pic

I'd like to have Navas in not just for his own attacking threat but he's great at tracking their channel runners to.

Win win.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:05 pm --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
I reckon the GD is all but sewn up thanks to the home fixtures we have so I would go all out for the draw. A draw at Liverpool and Everton will probably see us as champions.

How the fuck does someone go all out for ............ the draw?

I've got to hear this :)

Stoned Rose said:
Glauber Berti said:

hart
zab kompany demi clichy
fernandinho garcia
nasrI/jovetic yaya silva
striker take your pic

I'd like to have Navas in not just for his own attacking threat but he's great at tracking their channel runners to.

Win win.

see I was thinking jovetic as he has a tendency to force the play with quick give and goes and I feel that is often needed as we often sit back and stagnate plus he'll be full of confidence after his goal and out to prove he's got what it takes whenever he's been on the pitch he's looked most likely to make something happen (take palace for example before he got injured) I think any of the three could have a field day against flannagan

Stoned Rose said:
Some top debate on here re line ups.

However, I see no evidence at all to suggest Pelle will do anything except play as attacking a line up as he can.

He doesn't do pragmatism and fitting around the opponent.

He goes windmilling and roundhousing in looking for the knockout whilst the opponent rings his 'boys'.

I reckon something like:

Hart

Zab Vinny MDM Kolarov

Navas Silva Toure Fern Nasri

Aguero

Zab, Navas and Kolarov providing width and overlaps. Fern 'sitting' and Toure, Silva and Nasri orchestrating.

Aguero running the channels and coming back to make a 6 if necessary.

Vinny and MDM 'stepping out' to make a deep midfield 2/3 with Fern.

Front foot. Aggressive. Attacking.

Not saying I agree with him, but I do think he will just proper go for it.

Cant see him risking Aguero in that role. It requires a completely match fit player

Pellers doesn't really give much away with the media - but I'd definitely like to hear him this week mentioning the number of penalties liverpool are getting and the importance of a strong referee. Would it also be worth mentioning the antics of skrtel at corners - sometimes it's important to pit the onus on the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.