Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season's QPR match for me, a real make or break moment, the goals/incidents will go down forever in history ala Aguero shirt swipe :)

Big Swifty said:
How fatal to our chances would a draw be? Would you be disappointed or quietly relieved? Would a draw mean bye-bye to the title?
I should appreciate some thoughtful opinion, please. I am a child in these matters.

A draw leaves our destiny in our own hands still, whereas it takes Liverpool's destiny out of theirs, so it wouldn't be a bad result at all. In fact if you were to offer me the draw now I'd take it, as it's our toughest game out of the way, and we'd still be in prime position to win the league.

We could afford to draw at Everton and, unless Liverpool give someone an absolute pasting between now and the end of the season, we'd win the league on goal difference (and that's assuming Liverpool can match our results in the other games too, which includes Chelsea's visit to Anfield).

Obviously a win would be excellent, and it would almost be like getting 1 hand on the trophy. We'd be a point behind Liverpool with 2 games in hand, so could afford to lose to Everton and we'd still be in pole position (we can already afford to drop 3 points and still finish above Chelsea).

akcity said:
Big Swifty said:
How fatal to our chances would a draw be? Would you be disappointed or quietly relieved? Would a draw mean bye-bye to the title?
I should appreciate some thoughtful opinion, please. I am a child in these matters.

As you haven't worked out the maths lol, a draw is excellent for us as it puts the league in our hands, so much so, that we can afford to drop another 2 points, possibly more should Liverpool and Chelsea draw... A draw at Everton would do.
Quite simply, Liverpool must win every game, including against us to win the league.

I'm sure we can avoid defeat at Anfield as they are bound to leave space when they push forward.

A draw would be a good result, but we don't play for draws. We'll go there to take the 3 points. It'd be very embarrassing for them if they lost because they firmly believe they already won the title.

A draw would be fine. But I will be surprised if it ends that way. Either City will dictate the game as we did at Spurs and United, or Liverpool will streamroller us similar to 2010/11. Don't really see anything in between.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Is Coutinho injured? He came off at half-time and it seemed a strange one if tactical?

If Lucas plays, then Fernandinho has 90 minutes to book a guaranteed World Cup place.

As long as Nasri does not start, I have an increased sense of confidence.

It's Monday now. Imagine the pressure cooker on Saturday night in Merseyslide.

Nasri will surely start??

BlueAnorak said:
ianw16 said:
Just a question; if Gerrard picks up a yellow against us (10 yellows before 2nd Sunday in April), does he get a 1 or 2 game ban? 2 would mean he misses the Chelsea game.
2 game ban - the 2nd one of which would be Chelsea.
Cut off date is this sunday,so does a card v us count onto the 9 he has or does he start again.? Btw,we must have a few close to the limit too.

pride in battle said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Is Coutinho injured? He came off at half-time and it seemed a strange one if tactical?

If Lucas plays, then Fernandinho has 90 minutes to book a guaranteed World Cup place.

As long as Nasri does not start, I have an increased sense of confidence.

It's Monday now. Imagine the pressure cooker on Saturday night in Merseyslide.

Nasri will surely start??

They can't score if we have the ball so he should start

Matty said:
Big Swifty said:

A draw leaves our destiny in our own hands still, whereas it takes Liverpool's destiny out of theirs, so it wouldn't be a bad result at all. In fact if you were to offer me the draw now I'd take it, as it's our toughest game out of the way, and we'd still be in prime position to win the league.

I'd love to thrash the bastards, but I have to agree, I'd take a draw if offered it now.

As someone else pointed out a draw on Sunday would mean we could draw at Goodison as well and still have it in our own hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.