Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
paulsimpson said:
manimanc said:
Just fucking attack and attack and attack, get on the front foot from the first whistle, go for the jugular and make them shit their pants, nobody has battered them yet so let us be the 1st to do it, they looked like rabbits in the headlights at west ham and it took 2 pens to sort them out, they didn't play that good on sunday, they're feeling the heat......

Post of the day IMO . Keeping it tight and cagey might end in a similar result like chelsea at home in PL . It's far too risky especially as they'll be attacking from the off . We already know their game plan which will leave loads of space for our boys to rattle skrtel who isn't up to it IMO .No . Attack at every opportunity ,defend very robustly and fairly while not in possession . At least make them know they are in one heck of a game . Make us proud boys and don't be intimidated one little bit

It's easy to say this mate, but think about it for a moment. I am not for one moment suggesting we park the bus, far from it. And of course we should attack when the opportunity arises. But we should be patient, keep the ball, get them chasing around and seize the opportunities that will invariably arise.

"Just fucking attack and attack and attack" implies bollocks to it, caution to the wind, throw everything forward at every opportunity and sod the consequences. It might work with us winning 7-5 but it's not a sensible strategy imho.

Chippy_boy said:
paulsimpson said:
manimanc said:
Just fucking attack and attack and attack, get on the front foot from the first whistle, go for the jugular and make them shit their pants, nobody has battered them yet so let us be the 1st to do it, they looked like rabbits in the headlights at west ham and it took 2 pens to sort them out, they didn't play that good on sunday, they're feeling the heat......

Post of the day IMO . Keeping it tight and cagey might end in a similar result like chelsea at home in PL . It's far too risky especially as they'll be attacking from the off . We already know their game plan which will leave loads of space for our boys to rattle skrtel who isn't up to it IMO .No . Attack at every opportunity ,defend very robustly and fairly while not in possession . At least make them know they are in one heck of a game . Make us proud boys and don't be intimidated one little bit

It's easy to say this mate, but think about it for a moment. I am not for one moment suggesting we park the bus, far from it. And of course we should attack when the opportunity arises. But we should be patient, keep the ball, get them chasing around and seize the opportunities that will invariably arise.

"Just fucking attack and attack and attack" implies bollocks to it, caution to the wind, throw everything forward at every opportunity and sod the consequences. It might work with us winning 7-5 but it's not a sensible strategy imho.

Windmills and roundhouses.

The Pellegrini Method.

Chippy_boy said:
paulsimpson said:
manimanc said:

Just for sundays game and I'd take 7-5 right now...
All this build up that's going on and will go on for the rest of the week is pointing to only one thing....
A 0-0 bore draw ha ha

manimanc said:
Chippy_boy said:
paulsimpson said:

Just for sundays game and I'd take 7-5 right now...
All this build up that's going on and will go on for the rest of the week is pointing to only one thing....
A 0-0 bore draw ha ha

There's zero chance of a nil-nil i reckon. But i'd take it if offered.

Liverpool have fearlessly gone for us the last few meetings and lets be honest we were lucky at the Etihad earlier in the season. Have to go at Liverpool from the off. They've relied on a fair few penalties recently and they have a tendency to concede. We're likely to score on Sunday and the Liverpool attack won't have as easy a ride as they normally do. COME ON BLUES!!!

Chippy_boy said:
Matty said:
Big Swifty said:
How fatal to our chances would a draw be? Would you be disappointed or quietly relieved? Would a draw mean bye-bye to the title?
I should appreciate some thoughtful opinion, please. I am a child in these matters.

A draw leaves our destiny in our own hands still, whereas it takes Liverpool's destiny out of theirs, so it wouldn't be a bad result at all. In fact if you were to offer me the draw now I'd take it, as it's our toughest game out of the way, and we'd still be in prime position to win the league.

I'd love to thrash the bastards, but I have to agree, I'd take a draw if offered it now.

Bit it won't be. So we'll just have to go there and win.

flb said:
Lose v Liverpool and it's curtains, 7 points behind would be too much, can't believe how some on here think we will just roll them over. They are a very good side with a front three arguably the best in the league.

We have to play Garcia and Fern with Yaya on Gerrard

Zab Vinny MDM Clichy
Fern Garcia
Silva Yaya Nasri
Sergio
It wouldnt be curtains at all, we beat Sunderland a few days later and we'll be 4 behind with a game in hand.

TCIB said:
A lot of talk revolving just around refs on the forum atm.

I think this match is going to be scrutinized heavily so no ref wants to fuck up.
The ref will do his best and so will we hopefully and i am happy that will see us win the match.

We just need to focus on us, that is all we can effect, the refs will do what they do and so will Liverpool .

Come on City !

Hopefully we'll be that fucking good. Bill Shankly could ref it for them.

Ban-jani said:
------------------------------Hart-----------------------
Zabs---------------Komps---------Demi---------Clichy
--------------Fernandinho---------Garcia------------------
Nasri--------------------------Yaya----------------Silva------
-------------------------------Aguero-----------------------------

made the same lineup... got a feeling pellegrini will too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.