Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TrueBlue1705 said:
dmbass said:
I'd swap Dinho for Jovetic, and play 433 or 451. That would win us the midfield battle and then we can bring on Jovetic or Aguero when they are tired! I think if we play the 2 in midfield, including a non 100% Yaya, then we'll be overrun by a Liverpool side that's superior to Newcastle, who will play 3 in the middle themselves. If we go like for like I think we can win comfortably!

This .....

I just think Pellegrini needs to choose a little more wisely when to play the two up front, The Bayern at home game last season was the perfect example ... I appreciate he has his 'style of play' and we all the love the positive approach, its been an absolute pleasure to see some of the most outstanding attacking performances I've ever seen by any club team, but you just can't do it against the top teams all the time. If anything we'd more solid with Fernando and Fernandinho in a two man midfield, both are extremely tenacious and tireless but then we lose the quality and attacking threat of Yaya ....

For me we've got to start with Fernando, Fernandindo and Yaya ... Liverpool come out at 100 mile-an-hour have a lot of energy and pace but they do start to slow-down around 30-40 minutes ... makes prefect sense to start this game conservatively i.e. just one up front .... I'd start with Jovetic over Nasri personally, I doubt Pellers will though, this would be my more conservative team with extra pace at back:

------------------------ HART--------------------------------

ZAB -----KOMPANY ---- MANGALA -----CLICHY

---------- FERNANDO ----- FERNANDINHO-----

SILVA -------------- YAYA ----------------- JOVETIC

--------------------- AGUERO ----------------------------

Hard to predict how Pellers will go , he'll deffo play Kolarov instead of Clichy at left-back but I still worry about Kolarov defensively especially against pace and he'll choose Nasri over Jovetic - will be interesting to see if if he takes a chance on Managla's pace and power, its a risky debut but DM may get caught out with his lack of pace... Will also be very interesting to see if he goes with the two strikers again, we all know he doesn't like to change it ....

Liverpool aren't Bayern though. We usually play better at home with two strikers.

cibaman said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
dmbass said:
I'd swap Dinho for Jovetic, and play 433 or 451. That would win us the midfield battle and then we can bring on Jovetic or Aguero when they are tired! I think if we play the 2 in midfield, including a non 100% Yaya, then we'll be overrun by a Liverpool side that's superior to Newcastle, who will play 3 in the middle themselves. If we go like for like I think we can win comfortably!

This .....

I just think Pellegrini needs to choose a little more wisely when to play the two up front, The Bayern at home game last season was the perfect example ... I appreciate he has his 'style of play' and we all the love the positive approach, its been an absolute pleasure to see some of the most outstanding attacking performances I've ever seen by any club team, but you just can't do it against the top teams all the time. If anything we'd more solid with Fernando and Fernandinho in a two man midfield, both are extremely tenacious and tireless but then we lose the quality and attacking threat of Yaya ....

For me we've got to start with Fernando, Fernandindo and Yaya ... Liverpool come out at 100 mile-an-hour have a lot of energy and pace but they do start to slow-down around 30-40 minutes ... makes prefect sense to start this game conservatively i.e. just one up front .... I'd start with Jovetic over Nasri personally, I doubt Pellers will though, this would be my more conservative team with extra pace at back:

------------------------ HART--------------------------------

ZAB -----KOMPANY ---- MANGALA -----CLICHY

---------- FERNANDO ----- FERNANDINHO-----

SILVA -------------- YAYA ----------------- JOVETIC

--------------------- AGUERO ----------------------------

Hard to predict how Pellers will go , he'll deffo play Kolarov instead of Clichy at left-back but I still worry about Kolarov defensively especially against pace and he'll choose Nasri over Jovetic - will be interesting to see if if he takes a chance on Managla's pace and power, its a risky debut but DM may get caught out with his lack of pace... Will also be very interesting to see if he goes with the two strikers again, we all know he doesn't like to change it ....

Liverpool aren't Bayern though. We usually play better at home with two strikers.

We need to be effective with more than one formation to win things, and it gives the midfield 3 a game where we should expect to win, game-time in preparation for upcoming Arsenal and Chelsea matches which we should definitely play 3 in the middle. If we had Negredo fit I could agree with 2 up front but if Jovetic/Aguero pick up another injury then we're going to have to play 1 up front against weaker teams when we should be playing 2.

I'd go with Dzeko up front as he had a great game on Sunday, with Yaya/Silva/Nasri/Dinho attacking behind. That's still a serious goal threat and can be livened up with a fresh Navas/Aguero/Jovetic if needed.

This is a game where Fernando should be played in his best position, behind Dinho and Yaya. Just protect the CBs and mop up any counter attacks. No need to even cross the halfway line.

It may only be the 2nd game of the season but it was the dropped points early on last season that nearly cost us the title. We'll need more than 86pts this season if we are to retain the title.

I agree with the 3 In midfield view, get control of the game and let Silva and Nasri dictate the pace and flow of the game, Pellegrini got it wrong against some of the top 4 last season and tactics to the suit the opposition should be used more this season as it could be even closer with poss 4 teams fighting until the end. The signing of Fernando I think just gives us the edge as I don't think any of the other contenders have a player quite like him.

The way we play when we have the ball(pushing everyone of our players in the opponents half) it won't matter if we do play 3 in midfield the danger of a quick break by an opposition side is still there plus the high line will give teams like Liverpool the option of a sterling beating our offside trap with plenty of space to run into

waspish said:
The way we play when we have the ball(pushing everyone of our players in the opponents half) it won't matter if we do play 3 in midfield the danger of a quick break by an opposition side is still there plus the high line will give teams like Liverpool the option of a sterling beating our offside trap with plenty of space to run into

Slight tactical change now we have Fernando I noticed on Sunday the highline wasn't played to much, not sure if that's intentional but with Fernando playing there I think we may be more of a counter attacking team this season certainly away from home anyway

r.soleofsalford said:
Thanks joe said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Welcome to Bluemoon, mate.

Welcome joe.. Any clubs fans who hate that fucking lot from salford as much as us should be welcome on here for me..
But just 2 things joe..1. Your our rivals now mate, you were never going to get a cuddle from anyone on here ...!!!
2.. Players & fans from city honoured your died with great class at Anfield ... Yet you guys did nothing but boo for 90 mins at every city player that touched the ball.... Where was the famous Liverpool spirt of fair play that day.? Now, do you really think Gerard has taken enough.. He's heard nothing yet.. !!!

How many fucking times, the twats are from Stretford and the c**ts support Arsenal.

and its the r.soles from salford

I stand corrected !!!!!

I might be proved wrong, but I don't think you'll see us play the 3 in midfield at home.
Pellegrini will adopt the approach, let them worry about us. Play to our strengths.
Sure we can get caught out, but the away team doesn't see a lot of the football these
days ;-)

lfcjoe said:
Thanks joe said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Welcome to Bluemoon, mate.

Welcome joe.. Any clubs fans who hate that fucking lot from salford as much as us should be welcome on here for me..
But just 2 things joe..1. Your our rivals now mate, you were never going to get a cuddle from anyone on here ...!!!
2.. Players & fans from city honoured your died with great class at Anfield ... Yet you guys did nothing but boo for 90 mins at every city player that touched the ball.... Where was the famous Liverpool spirt of fair play that day.? Now, do you really think Gerard has taken enough.. He's heard nothing yet.. !!!

I must agree with you mate I was really disappointed with all the booing given that the whole Hillsborough memorial prior to the game was impeccably observed by the City fans. I think the jeers were more due to the tension and excitement of us actually being involved in a title race rather than deliberate disrespect of the opposition- it had been so long we didnt want it to slip away (no pun intended). But anyway that's all history now and youse went on and won the league so fair play.

And not looking for cuddles - just want proper football discussion rather than the mindless abuse rival fans tend to share with each other online.

Joe, you'll get a bit of the mindless stuff on here, but there are some good lads with football knowledge too..
But have a word with Deirdre Barlow ... I've had enough of him already.. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.