Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think from what i watch against saints ( and saints are solid team still ) hat Suarez meant a lo to them . We if we play better in defense i must say some part of Newcastle game where not good and Yaya is not fit nor is Fernandhino , Kompany a bit rusty and i m afraid of Demi pace against them. Nasri needs to step up and please give me Zabba back , Clichy play good is just we miss Zabba forward moves. With rest i was pleased , Fernando second half put a big shadow for that place in team. So if we up on defense and play up front like we do i can see we drown their hopes of a title in one game, because I really think that the players are on top of this and the more I see some moves that mean that the players know the movements and habits, which for example. helped AC Milan generations Schevchenko, inzagi, Sedorf, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka, etc.) to win those trophies holding things together for many years and complementary only some places, plus we've added a real player. I'll admit that I wanted more Benatia but I also can not wait to see Mangala and Sagna will be able to finally give it a rest Zabba, without feeling much. So that C 'mon City Crush them!

Guys, I'll be in The East Stand block 209 for Liverpool game, this will be my 1st visit, I am though looking to buy a Ticket for Chelsea game and wanted opinion on best place to sit, I preferably want place with better atmosphere, would the seat I am in for Pool game be decent or would I be better off going further along in East Stand or going into say South Stand.

Thanks in Advance for any views (Sorry for hijacking the thread as well)

Got to play 3 centrally for this. Would match Liverpool's formation as we will keep the ball better than they will, will be able to nullify their counter attack and will win the game. Fernando marshalling the midfield with Fernandinho slightly ahead of him and then Silva, Yaya and Nasri behind Dzeko. Push the full backs forward and Fernando can play a high defensive line to cover them, with Kompany and Demichelis sweeping up. I think our squad has seriously strengthened and we will be a different proposition to teams like Liverpool who are trying to play the same style with inferior personnel.

If we dominate the game, as we will with 3 centrally, chances will come and late on we can throw on Aguero and Navas/Jovetic for some pace and really stretch Liverpool. Their strongest 11 will start and who can they bring on? Lambert? There is no point going over attacking and allowing them to play their quick counter attacking football right through our 2 man midfield. We can win the game matching their formation.

dmbass said:
cibaman said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
This .....

I just think Pellegrini needs to choose a little more wisely when to play the two up front, The Bayern at home game last season was the perfect example ... I appreciate he has his 'style of play' and we all the love the positive approach, its been an absolute pleasure to see some of the most outstanding attacking performances I've ever seen by any club team, but you just can't do it against the top teams all the time. If anything we'd more solid with Fernando and Fernandinho in a two man midfield, both are extremely tenacious and tireless but then we lose the quality and attacking threat of Yaya ....

For me we've got to start with Fernando, Fernandindo and Yaya ... Liverpool come out at 100 mile-an-hour have a lot of energy and pace but they do start to slow-down around 30-40 minutes ... makes prefect sense to start this game conservatively i.e. just one up front .... I'd start with Jovetic over Nasri personally, I doubt Pellers will though, this would be my more conservative team with extra pace at back:

------------------------ HART--------------------------------

ZAB -----KOMPANY ---- MANGALA -----CLICHY

---------- FERNANDO ----- FERNANDINHO-----

SILVA -------------- YAYA ----------------- JOVETIC

--------------------- AGUERO ----------------------------

Hard to predict how Pellers will go , he'll deffo play Kolarov instead of Clichy at left-back but I still worry about Kolarov defensively especially against pace and he'll choose Nasri over Jovetic - will be interesting to see if if he takes a chance on Managla's pace and power, its a risky debut but DM may get caught out with his lack of pace... Will also be very interesting to see if he goes with the two strikers again, we all know he doesn't like to change it ....

Liverpool aren't Bayern though. We usually play better at home with two strikers.

We need to be effective with more than one formation to win things, and it gives the midfield 3 a game where we should expect to win, game-time in preparation for upcoming Arsenal and Chelsea matches which we should definitely play 3 in the middle. If we had Negredo fit I could agree with 2 up front but if Jovetic/Aguero pick up another injury then we're going to have to play 1 up front against weaker teams when we should be playing 2.

I'd go with Dzeko up front as he had a great game on Sunday, with Yaya/Silva/Nasri/Dinho attacking behind. That's still a serious goal threat and can be livened up with a fresh Navas/Aguero/Jovetic if needed.

I would be very surprised if Sturridge and Sterling don't play. Which means that we're not going to be hopelessly outnumbered in midfield as we were against Bayern. Liverpool pose a completely different threat to us, catching us on the break. We need to be disciplined to counter that but I don't think it justifies playing the extra midfielder.

If we're going to change our tactics to counter Liverpool's threat, there's a case for playing Milner rather than Nasri. Someone who can get back quickly.

In April, it took Milner's introduction in the 50th minute for us to gain control of the midfield. Before that, we had been outnumbered in there and surrendered possession too easily.

It is to be hoped we have learned our lesson and set up with five in the middle from the start and Dzecko up front.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
LFC-Fans said:
Should be a good game this, probably better to get this game early when both teams are a bit pants in terms of fitness and form.

I'm quietly confident...

1-3 to us.
You can come back on Tuesday and lay a wreath at this post, if you like.

As quietly confident as last season at City, Palace, home to Chelsea, as confident to get T shirts made declaring yourselves the Champions........THAT quietly confident are you.... ;-) Glad to hear it...!

Dippers apparently just put in a bid for balotelli - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/milan/2014/articoli/1044698/milan-c-e-l-offerta-del-liverpool-per-balotelli.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/me ... elli.shtml</a>

One lunatic for another just in time for the game?

tonea2003 said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
Are you lot still crying over us booing when your team had the ball? We did that to gain an advantage over you. It was nothing to do with the respect you showed during the minute's silence. It happens all over Europe every week. Granted, its not a normal occurrence in the Premier League but that doesn't mean its 'disrespectful'.
I also find it hilarious how fans of a club from Moss Side are calling scousers 'dippers'...

wonder if bricking coaches was intended to gain advantage also
its all one way traffic with you lot
That was a handful of fans...yet you want to tar every Liverpool fan with the same brush? Don't be daft, mate. Every club, including yours, has fans that start on opposition fans.

As for your hatred of Rodgers - It seems to me that you can see the remarkable job he's done since he joined the club, with limited funds, and it reflects badly on Mancini and Pellegrini. We're going to be in the limelight - we went from 7th to 2nd, which was a remarkable achievement. Our bench consisted of Aspas, Moses, Alberto and Aly Cissokho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.