Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fella surely is trolling. I don't really mind the pool fans as much since my hatred is usually reserved for the smug manure fans and the bitter arse fans but this guy is making me change my mind.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I believe this may be the least important City match in a long time. I look at their players and manager and then I have a look at ours and it isn't difficult to come to the conclusion that last season was a complete "freak" in terms of Liverpool's points tally and performances. Performances that were in the main, driven by a footballer who is no longer at that club. If we lose, I am still certain that come the end of the season we will be at a minimum 10 points in front of them.

I do though agree with the concensus on here that we go with just the one striker. I would have Yaya pushed forward with Silva and Nasri and Fernando and Fernandinho behind. If they don't get their coat tails up early then they often appear little more than bang average. Keep them quiet, go a goal up and then watch them crumble.

If we are allowed to count the 4 -2 away win at Chelsea in Wayne Bridge week, then this is the only "name" side left who hasn't had a good hiding from us since we were taken over by the "dirty, Arab oil money" (RAWK).

On the basis that we are clearly superior, had a better start than them last week and have less players to bed in then we may see this thrashing on Monday. Now that would be one Brenda interview worth watching.

I think we should go 4-5-1, but I dont think we will. Audrey rarely does that and hardly ever at home, so I just can't see it.

Still, regards everything else, I broadly agree. The only issue I have is, were we to lose it, then it's 3 points gone obviously and whereas I do expect us to win the league this year, Chelsea will surely run us very very close. We can ill afford too many slip ups because they are going to be relentlessly efficient at winning and getting their 3 points. Fine margins will settle it this year, make no mistake. We really need all the points we can get and cannot afford to be remotely blasé about blowing 3 points.

As to wiping the floor with them? How I would love that. Sturridge in Vinnies pocket and putting 4 or 5 past them would be right up there with the sick swan for me.

DeidreBarlow69 said:
squirtyflower said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
I said 'fuck all' in Europe...
you need to check your 'istry that you victims are always banging on about

Manchester City won a European trophy before youse (sic) did
Cup Winners Cup - The least prestigious of the European Cups...Congrats.
really, i thought it was the fairs cup, the one you won well after we won our first

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Martin
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic
Dzeko

I'm really confident for this game and think we may win this one 3-0

squirtyflower said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
When did you last win the league, you scouse c**t? Not since the Littlewoods' money ran out?
Hahaha a City fan shouting his mouth off that Liverpool havent won the league since we no longer had money...Is it only me who sees the hypocrisy in this?
Clearly irony is totally lost on you
do we need to type it in easier language

you haven't won the league without your Littlewoods money, and before you had it you were the shit at the end of the Manchester Ship Canal

ie you were no different to anyone else before you were bankrolled, and yet it's you and your ilk money about our money

May need to draw it out in pictures for the scouse twat. Reading and comprehension are not their strong suits.

from Flagpole corner:
How to Beat Man City

1 Pin their Fullbacks back - you don't want overlapping runs
2 Pack midfield to keep the Ferdinan's busy
3 Hope Silva , Toure and Aguero have off days ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315760.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=315760.0</a>

quite amusing really

George Hannah said:
from Flagpole corner:
How to Beat Man City

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315760.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=315760.0</a>

quite amusing really

Another one quite funny from the site

How to Beat man City

Two Hail Mary's and an Our Father..

at least they're honest about it.

Rammy Blue said:
kun said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
If you didn't mean for it as a dig about liverpool fans in general, why did you say 'you lot'?
You havent said that, my comments about Rodgers were in reply to other posts on here about him.
It does reflect badly on Mancini and Pellegrini that they both had tremendous amounts of money at their disposal, with a squad full of world class talent (all of which bought in previous seasons), yet almost failed to win the league on two occasions and done fuck all in Europe.

That is one of the most pathetic sentences I have ever read.

Hahaha, I was just about to quote and say exactly the same.

Funny as fuck.

"almost failed"
Liverpool almost fail at avoiding talking about Heysel.

Just had a quick catch up on this thread.

"Almost failed" bahahahahaha, I have fucking heard it all now.

Surely this guy must be a WUM, not even a scouser could be that deluded; please can we keep him?

Off topic, but I'm actually lucky to be here today, I almost failed to wake up this morning, and yesterday I almost failed to stop at a red light, could have been very dangerous. Phew.

I hope we almost fail against these self righteous wankers on monday, "limited funds" are you sure dierdre?

hopperjack said:
George Hannah said:
from Flagpole corner:
How to Beat Man City

quite amusing really
Another one quite funny from the site
How to Beat man City
Two Hail Mary's and an Our Father..

at least they're honest about it.
they're getting the serious analysts out now
A couple of points that I've noticed at a quick glance (and from what I remember from watching the game):

- Their fullbacks alternate being attacking/defensive about every 15-20mins or so. If we can identify these sections of the game when one of them is attacking then there's a lot of space to attack in behind them. Having Sterling switch flanks now and again to target the attacking side when they alternate could be a good option.
- Demichelis is often left quite exposed and sits deeper than Kompany, who himself likes to step forward quite often. Making blindside runs behind Kompany off our left (similar to how Sterling scored this weekend) could be particularly lucrative, since Demichelis could play our attackers onside when Kompany pushes up more.
- Newcastle had a player pushing very high to run in behind their defense - first Gouffran, then Cabella, then Reviere. They did this to great effect, and having Sturridge, Sterling, or Markovic in a free roaming role (perhaps taking it in turns like Newcastle did) could make them difficult to pick up for City's CB's.
- Newcastle managed to get Colback in behind Toure several times, and that was one of the keys to breaking on them in the first half particularly.
- We need to have Henderson playing centrally (perhaps in the Colback role). Looking at the position tracker of our game with Southampton its noticeable that Henderson was really isolated out wide. Against City we need the extra body in the middle, since Silva, Nasri, and Toure all overload that area. Unless Navas or Milner are on the pitch the fullbacks are essentially left 1v1 on the outside, with the key battles being in the middle.

With this in mind, I'd like to see us play a 433 (or lopsided diamond as PoP calls it, or "rhombus" if you prefer :)), with Can playing just ahead of Gerrard to add some physical presence and occupy Toure. Henderson's vertical runs will be key to breaking the Toure-Fernando partnership, though I suspect they might opt for another holding player in there instead of Jovetic to contain that threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.