Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this may be the least important City match in a long time. I look at their players and manager and then I have a look at ours and it isn't difficult to come to the conclusion that last season was a complete "freak" in terms of Liverpool's points tally and performances. Performances that were in the main, driven by a footballer who is no longer at that club. If we lose, I am still certain that come the end of the season we will be at a minimum 10 points in front of them.

I do though agree with the concensus on here that we go with just the one striker. I would have Yaya pushed forward with Silva and Nasri and Fernando and Fernandinho behind. If they don't get their coat tails up early then they often appear little more than bang average. Keep them quiet, go a goal up and then watch them crumble.

If we are allowed to count the 4 -2 away win at Chelsea in Wayne Bridge week, then this is the only "name" side left who hasn't had a good hiding from us since we were taken over by the "dirty, Arab oil money" (RAWK).

On the basis that we are clearly superior, had a better start than them last week and have less players to bed in then we may see this thrashing on Monday. Now that would be one Brenda interview worth watching.

DeidreBarlow69 said:
tonea2003 said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
That was a handful of fans...yet you want to tar every Liverpool fan with the same brush? Don't be daft, mate. Every club, including yours, has fans that start on opposition fans.

As for your hatred of Rodgers - It seems to me that you can see the remarkable job he's done since he joined the club, with limited funds, and it reflects badly on Mancini and Pellegrini. We're going to be in the limelight - we went from 7th to 2nd, which was a remarkable achievement. Our bench consisted of Aspas, Moses, Alberto and Aly Cissokho.

i didn't say it was all of you, i just said it happened so you don't be daft mate
i don't hate rodgers where have i said that? couldn't care less about him if i'm honest
not sure how it reflects badly on mancini or pellegrini, you will have to enlighten me.

all in all quite a mixed up response....mate
If you didn't mean for it as a dig about liverpool fans in general, why did you say 'you lot'?
You havent said that, my comments about Rodgers were in reply to other posts on here about him.
It does reflect badly on Mancini and Pellegrini that they both had tremendous amounts of money at their disposal, with a squad full of world class talent (all of which bought in previous seasons), yet almost failed to win the league on two occasions and done fuck all in Europe.
When did you last win the league, you scouse ****? Not since the Littlewoods' money ran out?

ifiwasarichfan said:
I believe this may be the least important City match in a long time. I look at their players and manager and then I have a look at ours and it isn't difficult to come to the conclusion that last season was a complete "freak" in terms of Liverpool's points tally and performances. Performances that were in the main, driven by a footballer who is no longer at that club. If we lose, I am still certain that come the end of the season we will be at a minimum 10 points in front of them.

I do though agree with the concensus on here that we go with just the one striker. I would have Yaya pushed forward with Silva and Nasri and Fernando and Fernandinho behind. If they don't get their coat tails up early then they often appear little more than bang average. Keep them quiet, go a goal up and then watch them crumble.

If we are allowed to count the 4 -2 away win at Chelsea in Wayne Bridge week, then this is the only "name" side left who hasn't had a good hiding from us since we were taken over by the "dirty, Arab oil money" (RAWK).

On the basis that we are clearly superior, had a better start than them last week and have less players to bed in then we may see this thrashing on Monday. Now that would be one Brenda interview worth watching.

He'll just tot out the old line "We didn't deserve it", no matter what.

Does DeirdreBarlow69 have any time to spend spend posting on RAWK?

What is the point of spouting out all that nonsense here?

And is it spouted out in that really, really, really grating Scouse accent?

City should simply play their own game, in their own style and let the candle lighters chop and change to try and stop us...

Who are the Champions?

Who rules?

We are and do...

CTID

JJ

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
tonea2003 said:
i didn't say it was all of you, i just said it happened so you don't be daft mate
i don't hate rodgers where have i said that? couldn't care less about him if i'm honest
not sure how it reflects badly on mancini or pellegrini, you will have to enlighten me.

all in all quite a mixed up response....mate
If you didn't mean for it as a dig about liverpool fans in general, why did you say 'you lot'?
You havent said that, my comments about Rodgers were in reply to other posts on here about him.
It does reflect badly on Mancini and Pellegrini that they both had tremendous amounts of money at their disposal, with a squad full of world class talent (all of which bought in previous seasons), yet almost failed to win the league on two occasions and done fuck all in Europe.
When did you last win the league, you scouse c**t? Not since the Littlewoods' money ran out?
Hahaha a City fan shouting his mouth off that Liverpool havent won the league since we no longer had money...Is it only me who sees the hypocrisy in this?

stonerblue said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
supercity88 said:
It's the typical dipper syndrome of victim victim victim. It doesn't matter whether you boo our players or not, you defo were booing when Yaya got injured which was pure class from your lot. We won the league, you didn't. Your wait goes on. It doesn't really matter who was on your bench, you didn't have to use subs as you didn't have many injury issues and you only had the prem to worry about. Knocked out of all the cups within a couple of rounds.

You've spent a lot of money. It doesn't matter whether it is net or not. You've made decent cash on certain players then pissed it up the wall on Carroll, Downing etc. City did the same in the early days but we couldn't buy Aguero, Yaya, Silva from day one - we had to make smaller steps so Bellamy, Adebayor etc were more realistic targets. You have a decent first 11, nothing more. You over achieved last season thanks to form, fitness and lack of injuries/fewer fixtures. This season you have more games and less quality. Lallana, Lambert, Lovren etc are solid prem players but nothing more. Looking at who Saints bought to replace Lallana, they've got a pretty even match for less money.

Your bench still looks shite by the way. We could have had Mangala, Navas, Fernandinho, Aguero, Negredo sat on ours at the weekend.

And Moss Side is a bohemian paradise compared to dipperfield

Why do you insist on the whole 'victim' thing? It's not the first time I've seen this on this forum, as well as comments about Hillsborough. Your fans at Anfield last April were classy, but there's nothing classy about continually bringing Hillsborough up to further jokes about our team. Laugh all you want about last season, its a game of football. It's swings and roundabouts. I can take that. But comments about hillsborough are out of order.

Anyway. I agree we pissed a lot of money up the wall with previous regimes (Dalglish and Commoli in particular), but Rodgers is to be judged on his achievements from inheriting a team who deservedly came 7th. Thats what reflects badly on Mancini and Pellegrini - that Rodgers has been able to work wonders with our squad and come so close to Pellegrini's team. And of course we were limited with funds. The majority of funds that Rodgers has used have come from players sales. Yet he's been able to produce top-2 form for a season and a half. We had periods of time last season where our key players were injured - Sturridge and Gerrard for December and most of January, Suarez banned for 6 games, Sakho out for long periods of time. That's where squad depth comes in. Granted, we had less fixtures to contend with, but had an exceptionally small squad.
Our bench has improved an awful lot - with another striker to come in yet, but we're not going to have the depth that you have without your unlimited funds.
By the way, Lallana is a very good player. When you combine Goals and Assists from last season, he's only 1 behind David Silva (who I rate very highly, by the way). And that was for Southampton.
Haha, I think we both know that their both far from a paradise...

im guessing you dont even go?
If you mean go to the games, yes I do.

DeidreBarlow69 said:
bluesimon said:

GLASS HALF FULL OR EMPTY. SINCE MANCINI ARRIVED, WE HAVE BEEN TO WEMBLEY 7 TIMES, WON THE PREMIERSHIP TWICE, LEAGUE CUP AND A COMMUNITY SHIELD AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - ALL IN THE LAST THREE SEASONS. IF THAT IS 'FUCK ALL', THEN GOD HELP YOU WHEN WE ACTUALLY GET GOING............
I said 'fuck all' in Europe...
you need to check your 'istry that you victims are always banging on about

Manchester City won a European trophy before youse (sic) did

DeidreBarlow69 said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
When did you last win the league, you scouse c**t? Not since the Littlewoods' money ran out?
Hahaha a City fan shouting his mouth off that Liverpool havent won the league since we no longer had money...Is it only me who sees the hypocrisy in this?
Clearly irony is totally lost on you
do we need to type it in easier language

you haven't won the league without your Littlewoods money, and before you had it you were the shit at the end of the Manchester Ship Canal

ie you were no different to anyone else before you were bankrolled, and yet it's you and your ilk money about our money

squirtyflower said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:
bluesimon said:
GLASS HALF FULL OR EMPTY. SINCE MANCINI ARRIVED, WE HAVE BEEN TO WEMBLEY 7 TIMES, WON THE PREMIERSHIP TWICE, LEAGUE CUP AND A COMMUNITY SHIELD AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - ALL IN THE LAST THREE SEASONS. IF THAT IS 'FUCK ALL', THEN GOD HELP YOU WHEN WE ACTUALLY GET GOING............
I said 'fuck all' in Europe...
you need to check your 'istry that you victims are always banging on about

Manchester City won a European trophy before youse (sic) did
Cup Winners Cup - The least prestigious of the European Cups...Congrats.

Rammy Blue said:
kun said:
DeidreBarlow69 said:

That is one of the most pathetic sentences I have ever read.

Hahaha, I was just about to quote and say exactly the same.

Funny as fuck.

"almost failed"
A bit like almost bottling it....oh hold on it minute ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.