Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...................Hart.................
Zabba...VK...MDM....Clichy
..............Fernando............
........Ya Ya...Fernandinho
......Silva...................Jovetic..
................Dzeko..................

Normally I love Kolarov, just think against Liverpool Clichy's pace will help.

That side would certainly contain their quick start. Then eventually with subs over power them.

Sergio, Nasri & Kolarov all game changers on the bench.

I think the only individual match I'll be worrying about this season is Chelsea. Mind you, I was of the same mind last season. However, the biter fucking off does give me additional confidence.

Suarez was never that great against us anyway. It's their midfield that has given us problems, which is why playing 3 would be a good idea for us. Fernando, Yaya and... probably Fernandinho, but Lampard would be an interesting twist. He has scored plenty of goals against the dippers.

Hart
Zab Komp Demi Kolorov
Fernando
Navas Silva Yaya Nasri
Aguero

I would start with 5 in the middle to take control of the game. The speed and combination of Navas/Zab on one side (Johnsons) and with Kolorov's crosses on the other side, we should cause enough damage.

...................Hart.................
Zabba...VK...MDM....Kolarov
..............Fernando............
........Ya Ya...Fernandinho
......Silva...................Nasri..
................Aguero..................

The Liverpool line up minus Suarez carries nowhere near the same fear factor, toothless you could say. Keep Sterling quiet and we will win comfortably. 3-1

They were horribly bad vs Soton. They have two pacey youngsters, the rest is gash. I was much more worried about Newcastle away. No chance of making top 4 this season. 3-1 win.

LoveCity said:
Suarez was never that great against us anyway. It's their midfield that has given us problems, which is why playing 3 would be a good idea for us. Fernando, Yaya and... probably Fernandinho, but Lampard would be an interesting twist. He has scored plenty of goals against the dippers.

It's more the threat he posed psychologically, we all know that one lucky bounce of the ball and he will take his chances. I don't see the same threat anywhere without him in the team, their main threat will be Sterling and the pace he moves at, but like someone said earlier hopefully he will fall into Fernando's path and he can minimise the effect that Sterling has.

Suarez's movement and general 'pain in the arse' style was enough to pre-occupy any defence, without him in the team it gives our back four a bit more leverage and knowing that Sturridge is the only goal threat, providing Fernando can get in and around Sterling.

Their still no great shakes at the back and maybe it will be Moreno's debut as well, can't think of a harder ground to make your debut these days :)

LoveCity said:
That would be a lovely twist if Lampard scored against Liverpool .
Could this be the game play him in .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.