Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!

Just thought I'd tell everyone I fucking hate Liverpool. Even more than they rags. Stevie Slip's the most overrated **** ever in the history of football. Ever. Bastarding Brenda's overtook Olly Murs in my **** list.

From Jimmy Corkhill to the **** off the X-Factor that done it for he's nan too Alan Fucking Hansen all cunts with a capital C.

CrownPointBlue said:
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!
Can't see that happening somehow.

Suarez may not have had a great scoring record against us, but it was his movement that led to our losing shape and opening opportunities for others.

We destroyed them in that second-half in the spring, and we did that by keeping the ball. I'd start with

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Fernando

Toure
Silva
Nasri

Dzeko.

With Aguero, Jovetic, Navas and Milner on the bench, we should dominate possession and, as long as we take our chances, win.

Fernando has to be really careful. One of his crunching (but fair) tackles and Sterling/Coutinho will be on the ground crying like a bunch of pre pubescent girls while Rodgers will certainly try to influence the referee with his whining. I fully expect them to somehow connect this to Hillsborough and how they will be channeling the spirits of the deceased etc. etc.

Coming to the lineup., nothing wrong with Hart. Zabaleta at RB. Sagna if Zabaleta isn't 100% which is unlikely. I'd play Kolarov at LB even though Clichy is better defensively since Fernando covers very well for the entire back four. Even though he was hard working, I'd replace Jovetic with Aguero along with Dzeko upfront. Nasri and Silva as attacking mids and Yaya as the other DM.

Even if Mangala is match fit, Demichelis should start. He was quite good against the bar codes and Mangala should start in the next game IMO.

icemanbops said:
Hart
Zab Komp Demi Kolorov
Fernando
Navas Silva Yaya Nasri
Aguero

I would start with 5 in the middle to take control of the game. The speed and combination of Navas/Zab on one side (Johnsons) and with Kolorov's crosses on the other side, we should cause enough damage.

Isn't Johnson a right back?

Anyway, I reckon MP will play something like;

Hart
Zab Kompany MDM Clichy
Fernando Yaya
Nasri Silva
Dzeko Jovetic(maybe Aguero)

He does like the 2 man midfield. With Fernando in for us and no Suarez for them then we should be able to match them with our two plus help from the forwards. If we don't underestimate their 'all out for the first 20 mins' style this time then we can hold them off and then start to control the game. Silva/Nasri/Dzeko and either Jovetic or Aguero is a good enough combo to pull their back lines to pieces.

We need to exploit their weaknesses at the back, especially as we're at home, and playing three in midfield makes this harder to do. Our forwards can play their part by stopping Liverpool's midfield playing long balls for 'S&S mk2' to run on to.

Reasonably comfortable win, with some hairy moments when they break. 2-1 or so to us.

---------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Demichelis--Kolarov
-----------Fernandinho--Fernando----------
------Silva--------------Yaya------------------Nasri
-----------------------Aguero------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.