Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
birchwoodgingerste said:
gotta feeling we will smash them.

I wouldn't jump the gun mate, they may have lost Suarez but this Liverpool team is still very impressive.

I think Lovren has made the defensively better and I also think Rodgers has the team working very hard tracking back and winning the ball back as quickly as possible.

Markovic could play on Monday and add him to Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho and you have an attack that will cause most if not all teams in world football havoc on the counter attack.

For me I don't think we are fit enough as a team yet to play two in midfield against the top sides and would really hope we see Manuel playing three in midfield on Monday but let's see what happens with that.

I still think we should be winning this game but to say we will smash them is too extreme in my opinion, I do hope you are right though mate :p what a statement it would be!

My preferred team:

Silva-------Dzeko-----Navas
--------Yaya-------Ferny------
------------Fernando---------
Kolarov-MDM-VK-Zabaleta
----------------Hart-------------

But I think Manuel will play:

------Dzeko----Jovetic-------
Silva---------------------Navas
------Yaya--Fernando-------
Clichy-MDM-VK-Zabaleta
--------------Hart----------------

Would be happy to see either Kolarov or Clichy at left back as I thought both were impressive against Newcastle.

Theres no way we'll smash them but I do think we are well capable of beating them. Depends on who dominates midfield and whether we can keep SS quiet.

Just woke up with this buzzing in my head, so thought I would see whether this has any chance for Monday night as we host the. Pool.

To the tune of sheik mansour went to Spain

Stevie G, we go again, in our quest for glory
At Selhurst park, it fell apart, feckin same old story.

Back to sleep

mrt4919 said:
Hesitated to post this but WTF
Understood from sources that after the match at Anfield last season the team were subjected to abuse and intimidation after the game.
Giddy scousers I think not, just a club, players and officials hell bent on treating a visiting team with no respect or a trace of civilised behaviour.
No mention of this by our club.
Wonder if this barbaric behaviour prompted our " Humble" statement"
Turn them over on Monday Blues
They are a collection of uneducated chimps basking in a reality based in the past, uncivilised and at heart a disgrace to civilised society.

I hope this story is true- team talk done

-------------Dzeko---------
Jovetic-----Silva------Navas
------Yaya--Fernando-------
Clichy-MDM-VK-Zabaleta
--------------Hart----------------

bring the scousers

pweyhe said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
aguero93:20 said:
Manchester City 4-1 Rags
Manchester City 6-0 Spuds
Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal
Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool
Played well in all those matches last year.
Chelsea 2-1 when we won the title under Mancini. Scored the winner in a must-win game.

Not to mention motm in both of our title winning games last season. Best player on our team in keeping possession which is our best form of defense, and I don't know if people realize this, but he led the league in chances created last season. Just a BS statement to say Samir doesn't play well in big games. He's earned his spot in the starting lineup for my liking.

The only big game Samir should not play is against Arsenal at Emirates. Absolutely useless.

I must be in a miscievious mood this morning and have an urge to take the piss. On Monday night I assume they will have the cup on display and we will be introduced as Champions. How would the visiting fans react to 40,000 voices giving. A vserse of.

You never won the league x2
and NOW your going to beliieve US
You never won the league

Lawro predicting a 1-1 draw. Says nothing positive about our performance last week and glosses over Liverpool's stuttering start, saying playing away and counter attacking will suit them.

munster said:
Lawro predicting a 1-1 draw. Says nothing positive about our performance last week and glosses over Liverpool's stuttering start, saying playing away and counter attacking will suit them.

Manchester City just got the job done in their win over Newcastle last weekend - it was not a vintage performance by the champions.
But the quality of their goals was outstanding and, if you looked at City's bench, it was frightening.

Liverpool limped over the line a little bit too, in their win over Southampton.

think you mustn't have read these bits mate

It seems now that Mario will not be registered in time to play against us, which is hopefully a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.