Manchester City Women (merged)

Bluep*ss said:
City1974 said:
Well done MCFC Women 3-0 away win at Everton yesterday.

Looking at attendances last season for Womens football in the top flight Arsenal ladies have the highest av. attendance at around 1,400 and then Liverpool ladies were at about just below 700 and then down to Chelsea and Lincoln Ladies at ~ 300

City Women average about 700-800 I think. Thus OK for the first full year in the top flight, but again with what has been discussed about scheduling and offers etc no reason why this could not get to say 2,000 at least with the "Minihad" holding ~ 7,000 I believe.

Forgive me if this question has been asked previously - But why is City the only team called 'women' when every other team in the league (2 divisions)
are called 'ladies' ?.
Does 'Women' sound tough - rather than gentile.

MCLFC has gotta be a no!

Bardsley buggered up today. All that running, chasing, passing - all wasted! She could have kicked it into the Ashton Canal. Bet t'others were seething!! And after Jill Scot had smashed in the equaliser! Ah well, get that one out of the system before the Cup Final!

Big fan of the City Women's despite being a Sunderland fan. Personally know 3 of the City lasses (Steph Houghton and Jill Scott who are from my neck of the woods and Toni Duggan who I have got to know well after a few years of watching England and Duggan in action for Everton etc.) and they all deserve success. I'd love to see them go on and become involved in the male form of the game in some capacity.

ShildonBlackCat said:
Big fan of the City Women's despite being a Sunderland fan. Personally know 3 of the City lasses (Steph Houghton and Jill Scott who are from my neck of the woods and Toni Duggan who I have got to know well after a few years of watching England and Duggan in action for Everton etc.) and they all deserve success. I'd love to see them go on and become involved in the male form of the game in some capacity.

I
am
not
thinking
any
of
those
things
as
that
would
be
sexist...

2:00 kick off at Manchester Regional Arena (that small pitch in the Etihad campus) against Chelsea for last league game of the season today.

Admission for the clash is priced at just £6 for adults, £4 for under-16s and £5 for 16-21 year-olds. Disabled supporters and over-65s also receive discounted admission of £5.

As always, there'll be tonnes of pre-match activities on offer with City in the Community and we'll also have live music in our mini-City square before kick-off. The Premier League trophy and Capital One Cup will also be in attendance for fans to have their photo taken with.

Then it's the Continental Cup final on Thursday. Sadly that's at Wycombe with a 7:45 ok.

Anyone going today? Nothing else to do so might nip down and into town for a few pints after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.