Manchester City Women (merged)

Pelly Greeny said:
Where is the final being played?

I cannot understand this. At the start of the Old FArts Cup yer knew where the final was gonna be before they kicked off with the first game in the first preliminary qualifying round. No word of where the Continental Cup is being played. I fancy they were waiting to see if The Arse ended up playing CFC and they'd go for one of the London grounds. We've buggered it up for them by seeing off CFC. They'll now have to think of something that isn't so London-centric! Or perhaps they will tell us that the game was always gonna be played at The New Den!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Pelly Greeny said:

I cannot understand this. At the start of the Old FArts Cup yer knew where the final was gonna be before they kicked off with the first game in the first preliminary qualifying round. No word of where the Continental Cup is being played. I fancy they were waiting to see if The Arse ended up playing CFC and they'd go for one of the London grounds. We've buggered it up for them by seeing off CFC. They'll now have to think of something that isn't so London-centric! Or perhaps they will tell us that the game was always gonna be played at The New Den!

The obvious solution would be a two-legged final so most likely that will be a non-starter for the FA.

lancs blue said:
Pelly Greeny said:

The obvious solution would be a two-legged final so most likely that will be a non-starter for the FA.

who are we playing? - wouldn't want the legs too far apart...

york away to this! said:
lancs blue said:

who are we playing? - wouldn't want the legs too far apart...
1239638148802.gif

Good luck to MCFC Women for their match today v Everton away and their remaining League Fixtures and in particular for the Cup Final v Arsenal on Oct 16th.

When the MCFC women move to the 'Minihad' there is an opportunity to encourage more supporters to attend.

Maybe from next season during the year when the mens football season and womens football season overlap (March - October is the womnes football fixtures, and thus Mar, Apr and May and Aug, Sept and Oct would be the overlap dates) if some home MCFC womens games at the 'Minihad' were to be scheduled on the same day as a Mens home match i.e. at say 12:00 midday before a home mens' game at 3:00 pm on a Saturday or for 1:00 pm on a Sunday when a mens game is on at 4:00 pm on a Sunday, this would encourage greater numbers of spectators

The club could and add in some special deals on tickets at times in the season when games could overlap so that you getter cheaper tickets to the Mens game (i.e. save 5-10% off the full price) if you buy a ticket for the womens' match scheduled for the same day,
or
for when games do not overlap i.e. during the late spring summer months of late May, Jun, July
if you buy a ticket for an MCFC womens match you get 10% off any purchase from the City store or online from the store, or say £ 20 off the price of a season ticket for the mens games if you buy\renew your season ticket in the summer.

^^^^^ Aye, I've said it before in this thread. City Women need to play on the same match day as City men. And, have the season run over the same months as men's football. People do not simply have time and money to go on seperate days.

Does anyone know if there is a reason why it is not already done like this? It makes no sense to me.

dobobobo said:
^^^^^ Aye, I've said it before in this thread. City Women need to play on the same match day as City men. And, have the season run over the same months as men's football. People do not simply have time and money to go on seperate days.

Does anyone know if there is a reason why it is not already done like this? It makes no sense to me.

I do not think the FA would change the dates that the season runs for the Women's fixtures. All of the womens clubs would need to agree for that to happen and maybe even Ueafa ?. Maybe the original idea was that summer months, better weather, better football perhaps on better pitches, and maybe people more inclined to think " Ah, maybe I will go along and watch a womens games whilst its the off season for the mens game"

Even so, due to the months when the 2 seasons coincide they could still run offers as I have suggested to see if if would help improve attendances and promote more interest in the womens game. There is the perfect opportunity now for this with the new "Minihad " nearly ready. Surely the club should try this next season for MCFC women, maybe even the final home game for the women this season if ready in time ?

City1974 said:
dobobobo said:

I do not think the FA would change the dates that the season runs for the Women's fixtures. All of the womens clubs would need to agree for that to happen and maybe even Ueafa ?. Maybe the original idea was that summer months, better weather, better football perhaps on better pitches, and maybe people more inclined to think " Ah, maybe I will go along and watch a womens games whilst its the off season for the mens game"

Even so, due to the months when the 2 seasons coincide they could still run offers as I have suggested to see if if would help improve attendances and promote more interest in the womens game. There is the perfect opportunity now for this with the new "Minihad " nearly ready. Surely the club should try this next season for MCFC women, maybe even the final home game for the women this season if ready in time ?

I think you're right. But, I can't see how they (all women teams) are going to attract the core set of fans as a mass who will support their club male and female. When the men's season is over, I welcome the break. I crave the season to start again after month, but the close season gives me an opportunity to do other things.

In my view, it makes good business sense to have the Women's match first then fans stay and have some food and drink supplied by City if they've got a ticket for the mens match and provide offers like you say.

Perhaps that's the problem, we're lucky that we have a pitch next to the main ground, whereas other clubs do not. And, so clubs do not want things like the pitch being cut up before the men's match, and having to pay stewards to clear out the fans from the ground who only had tickets for the women's match. That said, if the women's match took place after the men's match these two issues wouldn't be so much of a problem. Granted, perhaps not as many fans would stay on to watch a second match later in the day, but I think it would be more than it would be on seperate days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.