Manchester North or South

Lived in Hulme for 13 years between 2006-2019 and it's definitely not blue.

It's not really a rag stronghold either.

Couple of reasons for that is a another poster pointed out it has a large multicultural population who have no interest in football and during the time I lived there there was a huge influx of students as it's cheaper to live there rather than the city centre but it's still within easy reach of the universities
And a lot of the Asian community in those areas back in the 90s onwards jumped onto united, as was the case in Longsight and Rusholme etc, because they saw associating with instant success as aspirational
Now we are the ones benefiting from this phenomenon tbf

Remember your famous posts about that, even a bomb couldn’t wake you up?
The bomb most certainly woke me up. The old bill and firemen hammering on my door for three hours didn’t though. 67 residents, 65 were evacuated. 2 weren’t. Me cos I’d only gone to bed at 6am off me napper and some ex Lancaster bomber pilot (The Germans never worried me, so the IRA can get fucked).

I grew up in Ashton u Lyne, and still live there, like to think it was blue but a lot a rags too, used to be bedlam in Ashton town centre after derby day in the 80s and 90s , used to be running battles with the infamous stalybridge reds.
Banned people wearing football shirts for a while. Lot quieter now. We are all "friends" now.
I actually felt safer wearing my City shirt in Manchester than Ashton or Stockport for that matter , had a couple of run ins with Stockport fans too.

I know it is when built is was dubbed an overspill estate in some areas of Manchester as Traditionally Manchester was north of the mersey and Lancastrian only, that ended when Northenden was asborbed into the city in the 1930s.

Was just joking at it is in Cheshires palatine and the good folk of the place who I know (I work there a few days a week) get annoyed when you call them chesire folk not mancs

They do have their own airport though ;-)
I’m one of those boring people who finds boundary changes and palatines interesting;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.