Manchester North or South

I went to Parrs Wood (in the '70s); it was about 65% Blue / 35% red. The boozer in Burnage I worked in (round the corner from Noel & Liam) was completely red ; dunno about the rest of Burnage . Fallowfield Ladybarn Leve all mostly Blue . Chorlton , where I grew up, about 50/50. Most, nearly all, of the crowd I hung around with in Dids were blues
I bet that didn't stop Noel & Liam going in for a bevvy :-)

Is that the one up from the sun in September? Going down burnage Lane towards the green end? can't remember it's name...the albion maybe...looks like a cottage/bungalow type place.
You probably know my ex...she went to Parrs Wood at that time.
I grew up in Heaton Mersy and it was funny every time we ventured down towards burnage there was a row. My Dad said it was because the beer was dire down there no wonder they ended up fighting. Some red tried to smash a beer bottle on my head outside the kingsway....another dump.
I moved into a place late 80's round the corner from the Victoria on the corner of burnage Lane & Mauldeth road..it was a good spot....stayed their about 12 years....handy for getting into town...or stumbling home from the Palace in Levenshulme...I'm sure you know those haunts. Good times.

Lots of blues in Hale and Alty. Historically outnumbered, though.
I don’t agree with Hale.

I grew up in Timperley and have lived in Alty and I don’t recall ever meeting a City fan from Hale. City fans around the Alty area all come from Oldfield Brow, Broadheath, Timperley and the Broomwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didsbury was a sad case. When I was young, living in Northenden, Didsbury was solid blue. During our long demise, the rags got a foothold there with red appearing in some pubs. I expect some are still there.
The Nelson, despite having a wall-sized photo of Best, Law & Charlton in one of it's rooms, was a Blue pub . I remember watching the replay in there on MOTD the day of the 5-1 against Charlton ; rammed solid with Blues that night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.