Manchester North or South

No rope intended my friend, just seems to me that City’s most hardcore support comes from the North and East of the City

Not a chance. Simply because United fans are easily outnumbered 5-1 in the Southern areas and Stockport.

When you add, Moss Side, Fallowfield, Withington, Didsbury, Chorlton, Whalley Range, Sale, Alty, Northenden, Wythenshawe, Longsight, Timperley and Levenshulme BEFORE all the Stockport and Cheshire satellite areas, it will likely be 60/40.

City brought out a season ticket map about ten years ago and it wasn't even close.

Last edited:
Not a chance. Simply because United fans are easily outnumbered 5-1 in the Southern areas and Stockport.

When you add, Moss Side, Fallowfield, Withington, Didsbury, Chorlton, Whalley Range, Sale, Alty, Northenden, Wythenshawe, Longsight, Levenshulme BEFORE all the Stockport and Cheshire satellite areas, it will likely be 60/40.

City brought out a season ticket map about ten years ago and it wasn't even close.
Loads of City in East Manc.......agree North Manc has too many reds

In my experience, South and East Greater Manchester is more blue than red and North and West Greater Manchester is more red than blue.

There are big blue concentrated areas like:
Gorton
Miles Platting
Didsbury
Wythenshawe
Timperley
Sale Moor
Stockport
Failsworth
Levensnhulme
Burnage

And big red concentrated areas like:
Sale
Stretford
Salford
Newton Heath
Moston
Hale (don’t think I’ve ever met a City fan from Hale all my mates who do jobs like gardening and joinery always say when they do jobs in Hale, they’re always reds)
Beswick
Chorlton-cum-Hardy
Crumpsall
Collyhurst
Monsall

There was a MEN map done a while ago that shows is just about spot-on for me:

View attachment 70256

No chance Sale is Red.

It used to be but changed drastically over last 15 years. Some of the biggest supporter clubs in country are in Sale and Brooklands.

I do kids football and it's even more marked how many boys and girls are in City shirts. I speak to their parents and they were Reds themselves.

No chance Sale is Red.

It used to be but changed drastically over last 15 years. Some of the biggest supporter clubs in country are in Sale and Brooklands.

I do kids football and it's even more marked how many boys and girls are in City shirts. I speak to their parents and they were Reds themselves.
Hasn’t Sale Moor always been a blue enclave anyway? With Sale being one of United’s main match going supporter based, especially Ashton-on-Mersey.

One of the things I always remembered on away trips in the 70's and 80's was seeing Utd coaches coming to Manchester from any direction we went.

One of the things I always remembered on away trips in the 70's and 80's was seeing Utd coaches coming to Manchester from any direction we went.
If you were going along the Chester Road towards Northwich there was coach after coach going to Old Toilet from N.Wales.

We used drink in the Packet and Navi in Broadheath and used to see them all coming down Manchester Road after United games and we’d be out giving them all shit chucking things at the coaches as they were on their way back down South with their ‘READING REDS’ flags in the back or wherever they were from.

We used drink in the Packet and Navi in Broadheath and used to see them all coming down Manchester Road after United games and we’d be out giving them all shit chucking things at the coaches as they were on their way back down South with their ‘READING REDS’ flags in the back or wherever they were from.
Meeting them in service stations was always a laugh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.