Manchester North or South

Depends what you mean by hardcore support.

There’s large supporters clubs Middleton/Alkrington/Prestwich & Whitefield who send loads of coaches to home and away games, not so much for United.

people who watch the game on tele/in the pub though its more red than blue

I don’t agree with Hale.

I grew up in Timperley and have lived in Alty and I don’t recall ever meeting a City fan from Hale. City fans around the Alty area all come from Oldfield Brow, Broadheath, Timperley and the Broomwood.
The reason I became a blue was my best mate from primary school took me to maine road with his dad, when I was 10. Lots of my mates at school from Hale/alty/bowdon/timpers are blues. Clearly we were (and still are) in the minority, though away derby in the Railway is always a great mix... A load (well, eight STs between three families) of us who go to the match together all still live in Hale.

Always remember Nobby Stlies saying Collyhurst was a big blue area when he was growing up,the plane crash had a lot to do with united getting huge support over the years.
Brian Kidd said the same. I was at a Sportsman’s dinner and he was the guest. He said he grew up as a blue in Collyhurst and didn’t really know many reds; but he said he changed his allegiance in the aftermath of Munich, but still retained an affection for City… he was a ‘Purple’

I’m from Denton. Most of my mates are Blues.

And everyone on my street growing up was and is a blue.

Got to be more South and East Manchester that is blue.

Denton is, and always has been BLUE.

City reserves used Hatters Park as their home ground.

In 1956 my father organised all the coaches from the supporters club to Wembley and led the 200 strong conga round Crown Point when the rags were relegated.

Denton is BLUE

Never seen anything like it in Denton after Sergio scored! People streaming into the street, dancing in the road. What a day!

You missed my point. I said where the city centre is at the boundary.
Salford precinct isn't at the boundary and neither is Preston town centre. Newcastle can be classed at the mouth / estuary of the river which i discounted in my op
The Irwell is the boundary, and the city centre exists on both sides.

Salford centre is a shared city centre with Manchester in planning terms, Salford central station is there about 3 metres from the boundary.

Preston Station is 400 metres from the ribble which is the boundary.

The Irwell is the boundary, and the city centre exists on both sides.

Salford centre is a shared city centre with Manchester in planning terms, Salford central station is there about 3 metres from the boundary.

Preston Station is 400 metres from the ribble which is the boundary.
Can't be arsed with your usual pedantry on my posts today.
If I said today is Saturday you'd find an explanation to prove it wasn't.

I bet that didn't stop Noel & Liam going in for a bevvy :-)

Is that the one up from the sun in September? Going down burnage Lane towards the green end? can't remember it's name...the albion maybe...looks like a cottage/bungalow type place.
You probably know my ex...she went to Parrs Wood at that time.
I grew up in Heaton Mersy and it was funny every time we ventured down towards burnage there was a row. My Dad said it was because the beer was dire down there no wonder they ended up fighting. Some red tried to smash a beer bottle on my head outside the kingsway....another dump.
I moved into a place late 80's round the corner from the Victoria on the corner of burnage Lane & Mauldeth road..it was a good spot....stayed their about 12 years....handy for getting into town...or stumbling home from the Palace in Levenshulme...I'm sure you know those haunts. Good times.
The Vic is still a very busy boozer, lots of old Irish boys in there every day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.