Manchester sight-seeing

Edinburgh is quite nice. There's a castle, a big hill, some underground bits, loads of shops, some pubs and probably the best curry house in the world.
Our trip around the HMY Brittania was fantastic - London, Manchester, York, Edinburgh would be my recommendation - forget Birmingham and Bristol for sure but Dublin is also great if you've got time.

I'm an exiled Manc living in Whitby, so I booked my youngest and myself on a couple of guided walks starting in Picadilly and was absolutely amazed by the history contained in the City centre which really needs to be pointed out by someone in the know.
It made me so proud to be a part of this great city, which has evolved over centuries. You may need to research guided walks but if it can include the Town Hall thats good but there is lots of good stuff otherwise.
I always remind my kids they are half Manc and not all shite!
Manchester could be better but so could most cities.

Manchester has got a lot of interesting things to see. For instance there’s a statue of Sir Robert Peel on Piccadilly flags were he’s holding a scroll. If you walk up Mosley St near to maybe the start of Lewis’s is and glance over to the statue it looks as though he’s having a piss with a 3 foot cock.

Wow. A lot of suggestions. Thanks guys. So after reading the thread, London, Manchester and Bath are definite it seems. Confused about Bristol and Brighton now. Any idea how Edinburgh is?
Btw, York does look lovely from the Google Images.
Depends what you're interested in really. If you're into medieval Britain then Edinburgh is an absolute no brainer, as are Chester and more so, York. If you fancy a bit of countryside and scenery, the lake district is nice, the Cairngorms are my favourite, but also Fort William is nice for trips to Ben Nevis, Loch Ness etc.

My personal recommendation would be to visit London, Manchester, Edinburgh and York. Dublin is great if you're happy to take a 30 min flight from Manchester, but if you're getting into the realms of flights, you may as well visit somewhere like Paris that offers way more than most Cities in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.