Manchester to Newcastle - Train cancellations on Sunday

Yea it's 24 hours mate,and we was coming on train as well,but I booked car park yesterday,since found out that Northern and Transpennine are not involved in this strike............yet.

If they are running we will come in on train though.
Result for me if that’s true as travelling transpennine from Newcastle and back same day

Northern drivers (Aslef) won't be able to strike.
They have to do the ballot for strike again due to management getting an injunction blocking the result of the first vote. Same happened at TPE.
Northern drivers vote is not now due back until 25th August. So earliest strike day would then be 14 days after that.
You a Driver,pal?

National strike is on the 20th.

However, anyone travelling by train to the barcodes will be affected on the Sunday as there will be morning cancellations because of trains being displaced.

Northern rail WILL be running trains tomorrow but I've been told to be prepared for cancellations and the chaos with packed overcrowded trains.

Meanwhile Metrolink has ground to a halt on the Bury line north of Crumpsall due to the high temperatures. I'd expect similar tomorrow.

Our local Arriva buses were on strike for 4 weeks. They went back then their union Unite called them out again with literally a few hours notice. Kids and OAPs waiting for buses next morning that were never going to arrive. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-62143243
Just arrived in Liverpool en route to God's own country for the game. No bloody buses from the airport to South Parkway Station. Had to get a taxi instead. Thanks Arriva. And I'll have the same in reverse (sorry, "reveeeeerse") on sunday. Fucking unions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.