Manchester traffic

What we need is ...... A MONORAIL !!

what a simpson style one or the very good one in Bangkok, well it's a sky train rather than a monorail.

Stuck on tge 219 last 20 mins for a 5 min journey and not looking like I will be going anywhere soon, an underground or sky train l under or over the old rd would be a godsend

Last edited:
Every morning the traffic at Denton roundabout, travelling along Manchester Rd towards Hyde, the queue of traffic backs up all the way to the golf club entrance. Except this morning it was clear as a bell with no queues on any of the junctions. Then I noticed - the traffic lights were out of action! They must have spent millions on that roundabout over the last three years and every time they f**k about with it it gets worse and yet all they need to do is turn the bloody lights off!!
I use this every morning and don’t think it’s too bad. Your over the roundabout in less than 5 mins. I find the fact most people don’t know how to follow the lane guidelines really infuriating.

We need a proper underground system, linked to the trams, over line and bus services, just like all other major developed city's. We need the sort of money that is being spent on London to sort out our infrastructure. Get rid of our nukes and spend the cash on something the country needs. Long term investment while borrowing is cheap is required. will also get the economy moving.

We need a proper underground system, linked to the trams, over line and bus services, just like all other major developed city's. We need the sort of money that is being spent on London to sort out our infrastructure. Get rid of our nukes and spend the cash on something the country needs. Long term investment while borrowing is cheap is required. will also get the economy moving.

Everything will be OK when the £100 billion plus is spent on HS2

Everything will be OK when the £100 billion plus is spent on HS2

You will get from London to Manchester in 1.5 hrs than spend two hrs getting across town. The 100m should be spent on more capacity, and cheaper travel. Yes our transport system needs nationalisation. Too many city funds making a killing out of the publics misery.

You will get from London to Manchester in 1.5 hrs than spend two hrs getting across town. The 100m should be spent on more capacity, and cheaper travel. Yes our transport system needs nationalisation. Too many city funds making a killing out of the publics misery.
The money should be spent on high speed broadband for the country, why the need to travel to meetings etc when you can FaceTime conference call meetings.

What's that useless ScouseGit of a mayor doing? Is he sitting on his arse or has he started building those homes for the homeless? I haven't got any figures to hand but has congestion got any worse since you silly bastards voted him in? I've noticed that it's generally taking a few minutes longer to get to and from The Etihad since ScouseShoutyAndy parked his ample arse on the mayoral throne!
It clearly is council policy to piss off the motorist - I am another Manc Way dweller most evenings. Gridlock.
The council is 99% Labour, the mayor Burnham was put up by Labour - if you think they are doing a crap job, don't keep voting the same pricks back in!
Manchester City Council are so complacent because they know they are all safe in their ivory towers.

The money should be spent on high speed broadband for the country, why the need to travel to meetings etc when you can FaceTime conference call meetings.

That’s the crazy thing in this country, businesses and people are scared stiff of technology. I’m an IT network engineer and honestly believe 70% plus of our customers could work from home even just a couple of days a week which would cut traffic, pollution, public transport requirements and increase people’s work/life balance.

The technology is there already even if it’s on an ageing infrastructure that needs drastic improvement (no thanks to the EU grants which most other countries have benefitted from). I use a VPN from home or customer sites and there is literally nothing I can’t do or access that the lads in the office can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.