Manchester United (A) - Sat 6 Nov 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags seem to have made a transition into playing with 3 CB's so I think they'll set up a lot like how Chelsea did. Two strikers up front, trying to lump it forward to them. At Stamford bridge we suffocated them with the press so they had no time to find that out ball. Chelsea have way better midfield players than the rags so field a hard working team and they won't be able to string two passes together. If Walker can't play then I would set up like this..

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Stones Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernardo Gundo
Sterling Jesus Foden

That front three are probably our quickest and hardest working forwards. Play out of that press would give them nightmares. Shaw trying to deal with Sterling's pace could get ugly.

2 - 0 city. Foden and Gundo scoring.
Can’t disagree with any of that.

No Gundogan Mahrez and Grealish please. All 3 are slowing us down, not up for hard battle and there are better options. (Throw Palmer in as a wildcard and be the 2nd Palmer to score in the Derby at the Swamp)

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Diaz
Cancelo
Rodri
KDB
Bernado
Foden
Jesus
Palmer
Would agree but would personally take a punt on Sterling instead of Palmer. I’ve always thought his best position is on the RW and maybe it’s simplifying the game for him. Actually thought Foden, Jesus and Sterling looked out best front 3 last night and nice to get away from inverted winger bollocks.

My gut feeling is that Kyle Walker may miss the game through injury. No major issues so long as Cancelo and Zinchenko stay fit. It's a long season and he is no longer a young man. Presumably Southgate will rest him too given the quality of the opposition.

I rarely think the shit will beat us these days but…

Noddy and his crew know our weaknesses and their own strengths. They’ll probably be more up for it too after the dipper debacle.

Just hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Listen carefully, I will say this only once...We have no excuses....If we cant beat that shower of shite there is no hope for us...By rights, they should have lost every game they have played so far......Pep had better take this game a lot more seriously than previously........Liverpool showed them the level that they are...we have no excuses..
Otherwise, I will turn into Angry of Mayfair..........weirdos.......

In terms of rest they have a small advantage, for they played their game on Tuesday. But they travelled, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Given the subs Pep made last night, the following players may experience fatigue: Stones, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan. Gundogan may start on the bench. Stones hasn't played much this season, besides CBs run less than the other players. And Cancelo is a superb athlete. We should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.