Manchester United

TheSituation said:
I hate to admit it but Manchester United are everything I wish City could be. Fucking winners. A born and bred winning machine :( Absolutely shit in 90% of games they've played this season, but coasting to another PL title. Unconvincing in every cup competition, yet they're still favourites to win the FA Cup and have a real chance of winning the CL. They are my biggest rivals and I hate them more than I'll ever hate any other club but what makes me special as a poster and a person is my ability to give credit where it's due and that's what I am doing right now, praising Man Utd for overcoming the doubters every single time, for winning games when no other team would even come back to steal a draw, for being a footballing institution and if I'm honest, a team English football should be proud of :(

Slate me all you like but after seeing them come back from the dead yet again I just have to tip my hat to them and say well done. We should aspire to be as successful as Ferguson's United.

southpark.gif

From another forum, all 5 of thier away wins have come to poor/cowardly refs:

About ref errors:

They have also become an habitual stain on the season. It is a startling truth - and depressing disparagement of the league's credibility - that each of United's five away league victories this term have hinged on an unfathomable error by officialdom: Gary Neville's escapes at Stoke and West Brom, Rafael's non-penalty at Blackpool, Wayne Rooney's hug at Wigan and Mason's various nonsenses this weekend. How many points would have been collected if Neville had been dismissed at the Britannia and Hawthorns when the scores were level, if Rafael had conceded a penalty with United already trailing 2-0 at Bloomfield Road, if United had to play for 80 minutes at Wigan with ten men, and if Vidic had taken an early bath this weekend? Twelve? Ten? Five? None? Not 15, that is for almost certain.

Ignoring the deliberate wumming of the OP, the way I look at it is this - they've had a knack for years of turning a losing or drawing situation into a winning one.

However, in previous seasons they've tended to be clearly the better team in many of those games they've come back in ('99 Champions League Final is an obvious high-profile exception - they were shit until the last 2 minutes of that match) and as such you had to hold your hands up when it happened and admitted they were the better side anyway. This season has been clearly different though - they've been largely unimpressive in many games and simply haven't deserved to pick up so many points.

While they'll almost certainly win the league now, next season could well be different if their performances dont pick up. They won't get away forever with turning in so many mediocre performances and coming away with the 3 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.