Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho would rather hedge his bets than lose.

A draw will be fine for him and United, anything else is a bonus.

The gap would still be eight points but he knows we have Swansea and Spurs to come just a few days later. We still go to Arsenal and Liverpool, where they have already amassed four points and lost at Chelsea.

Makes more sense to play the percentages and know City have a few key players risking suspensions between now and the end of the month.

Coupled with possible injuries, Champions League and crap refereeing decisions, they must not lose on Sunday.

They would arguably be better set up coming to us at the Etihad on the counter attack if the gap is still around the same when we next play them.
Spot on. Mourinho's instinct is first and foremost to not lose. A draw keeps his title hopes alive, and a scraped win would simply be a bonus. Losing would be a disaster for him.

He's also far from stupid and knows that our players would run rings around them in an open game. It would be suicide tactics on his part.

I'm not saying his players won't harry and press us where they can. To start with at least, whilst they have the legs for it. But anyone expecting an open game from them will be disappointed I think. We will be camped out in their half for most of the game, just like our last few games.

Not sure if i'm allowed to put this on here (sorry Ric), but i'm about to burst with excitement. Found out today that my son has won the junior cityzens competition to be the city mascot at the swamp on Sunday. He has been entering them for about 7 years and he's finally won one. Not sure i can wait the 5 days till the game never mind him!!!
Awesome news pal,hope it's 100% an early christmas present!

Mourinho will set his team up as usual to defend. Defenders do not push up, midfielders avoid crossing the half-way line, wide players track back. They'll try and intimidate the ref who will no doubt favour the home side anyway. Niggly fouls to break up our play, time wasting and aggressive gesticulations to the officials. The usual shit.

We are going to have more ball possession. We're conditioned to be patient and smart with the ball. Everyone wants the ball whereas they're conditioned to hoof. Pogba's suspension makes it better for us as he's their only player who really has the presence and balls to play football.

What would be ideal is an early goal to throw their game plan out of the window. There's nothing I'd get more joy out of is seeing us toy with them on their own turf and seeing their players grovel again.

Not sure if i'm allowed to put this on here (sorry Ric), but i'm about to burst with excitement. Found out today that my son has won the junior cityzens competition to be the city mascot at the swamp on Sunday. He has been entering them for about 7 years and he's finally won one. Not sure i can wait the 5 days till the game never mind him!!!
Well done him
You will be a proud dad :)

Pep doesnt like arousing the suspicions of UEFA, he wants to show we are giving Shaktar a good game but at the same time resting his big gamers. I am actually expecting a win against Shaktar, I think we will field a weakened team but still strong enough. imo
I saw a article today the the Harry Kane team are fielding their u21’s, I think we should do the same but I’m sure pep wants us to keep the streak going and instill that winning mentality, one loss can easily turn into 2 as psg found out today

I just cant see them parking the bus for 90mnts and relying on a break.Not at home in front of there own fans. Which means we will get space and a chance to play and create plenty of chances so if that happens you cant see City not winning on present form.

Mourinho will set his team up as usual to defend. Defenders do not push up, midfielders avoid crossing the half-way line, wide players track back. They'll try and intimidate the ref who will no doubt favour the home side anyway. Niggly fouls to break up our play, time wasting and aggressive gesticulations to the officials. The usual shit.

We are going to have more ball possession. We're conditioned to be patient and smart with the ball. Everyone wants the ball whereas they're conditioned to hoof. Pogba's suspension makes it better for us as he's their only player who really has the presence and balls to play football.

What would be ideal is an early goal to throw their game plan out of the window. There's nothing I'd get more joy out of is seeing us toy with them on their own turf and seeing their players grovel again.

Totally agree, but don't forget the Ashley diving and all of them falling over at the slightest touch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.