mancini: 12 games 24 points

SalfordCityBlue said:
Well said Bizzbo.

I can't believe some people can't see that he has come in, spotted where our glaring weakness was (defence) and set to work sorting that out as his PRIORITY.

Now he is happier with what we are doing at the back it is clear that he is giving the lads more license to attack, as evidenced today and the second half at Sunderland (and of course, Chelsea). And he did that while averaging two points per game and vastly improving our dismal away record which stretches back many, many years... Also while hampered by injuries, suspensions and a cocked up transfer window...

I really don't know what those wanting him out would want a new manager to do.

Seems like he has had far more positive impact on our results than most new managers ever have (excepting those who take over one of the big four) and it is (in my opinion) an embarrassment that some of our fans can be so clueless as to not see what is happening in front of their eyes.

Top post mate, I think you've got it exactly right.

He put out a very attack minded team today,covered the wings with Bellars and jonno2..Roque and carlos up front..

It did the trick, it was catchup from there.

bizzbo said:
7 of which were away from home. superb stuff.

7 away games, 3 wins, 11 points, averaging 1.55 points per away game. 7 points from our last three away games, all tough fixtures.

first he sorted out our reputation for defensive disorganisation, and conceding goals by the hatful, now we are in serious danger of sorting out our reputation as poor travellers... in the league at least ;)

it's still early days.... but I think this guy deserves more respect than the daily mourinho threads.

Spot on Bizzbo, been saying for weeks that Bob knows what he is doing, 7 points from 9 in 3 tough away games is a phenomenal return.

Finishing top4 is so, so important in shaping our destiny.

Whether it is then Bob or Jose who takes it on with the "purse strings" open again matters not one jot to me, they will both take us on to glory.

Forza Mancini, Love City.

blucat599 said:
Thankyou bizzbo, the guy is quality, he could really make us great, we need to back the guy and stop being such a bunch of mard arses, you'll even get a couple of tits moaning about conceding a goal, even though it was a pathetically dodgy decision by a wonky referee!!
We could and should have had 3 or 4 and won comfortably.

I think the opportunity to do for us what he did for Inter is there for the taking. Money is no problem, the team are now playing to something like the potential we knew the individual players had, and they have the support home and away that has always marked out Man City. We might not make top four because of the vagaries of linesmen and refs coming up with fictitious infringements but I think that over the next few seasons we will begin to display a general winning consistency that was absent from too many of our matches earlier this season.

There was no way that i thought we would come out of our last 3 games at chelsea,sunderland and fulham with 7 points out of 9. A really tricky run of games negotiated, now lets win the next 2 home games and set up a great end of season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.