Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

The story is probably based on the truth imo, but so what?

Mancini has shown he is a smart operator who doesn't take any shit, if he genuinely thought his job was under threat he'd be daft not to find out what his options were. Just as the board would be negligent not to be investigating replacements if there was a possibility of them sacking the manager.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can't agree. I believe Taylor has simply sat on it until it became pertinent.

If that's true then he's shot his load way too early. The story has had little impact because we're still undefeated in the league even if we are going to go out of the CL. Would've made more sense to run it post the Ajax defeat, or at a time later in the season when potentially the pressure on Mancini was greater.

I get the feeling that the timing has been dictated by someone outside the Guardian. There was enough Chelsea news to keep them going until tomorrow without needing to drop this this week.

Taylor has no Chelsea contacts. If that story was leaked from them, it would also have gone to Beasley at The Sun and Neil Ashton at The Mail.

There is no mileage giving it to a minority newspaper such as The Guardian, certainly with a readership who couldn't care less.

No bang for their buck.

I fear the leak is a little closer to home. It is more than a coincidence it comes in the same week that talk began about Guardiola and Begiristain.

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
Mourinho coming in January?

9h769d.jpg
Oh the ironing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can't agree. I believe Taylor has simply sat on it until it became pertinent.

If that's true then he's shot his load way too early. The story has had little impact because we're still undefeated in the league even if we are going to go out of the CL. Would've made more sense to run it post the Ajax defeat, or at a time later in the season when potentially the pressure on Mancini was greater.

I get the feeling that the timing has been dictated by someone outside the Guardian. There was enough Chelsea news to keep them going until tomorrow without needing to drop this this week.

Taylor has no Chelsea contacts. If that story was leaked from them, it would also have gone to Beasley at The Sun and Neil Ashton at The Mail.

There is no mileage giving it to a minority newspaper such as The Guardian, certainly with a readership who couldn't care less.

No bang for their buck.

I fear the leak is a little closer to home. It is more than a coincidence it comes in the same week that talk began about Guardiola and Begiristain.

Oh my God...Let's begin Pep talk ?

Pep is coming..

Tweet from today's press conference

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror
Mancini says he was "very close with seven or eight teams" last season, not just Monaco, with whom he held talks

BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:

No bang for their buck.

Oh my God...Let's begin Pep talk ?

Pep is coming..

Don't bite

unexpected item said:
Tweet from today's press conference

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror
Mancini says he was "very close with seven or eight teams" last season, not just Monaco, with whom he held talks

Good to know whilst everyone and their mother was saying Mancini was 100% guaranteed to still be in a job last summer that the man himself was lining up seven or eight contingencies.

Classic case of Mancini being far too honest and open with the press IMO. City really do have a shit media handling department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.