Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

BillyShears said:
unexpected item said:
Tweet from today's press conference

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror
Mancini says he was "very close with seven or eight teams" last season, not just Monaco, with whom he held talks

Good to know whilst everyone and their mother was saying Mancini was 100% guaranteed to still be in a job last summer that the man himself was lining up seven or eight contingencies.

Classic case of Mancini being far too honest and open with the press IMO. City really do have a shit media handling department.

Mancini is too nice and open with the press but boy do the PR team need to address comments like this being given my Mancini

Anyone think he's deflecting pressure off the team again. As he did when he was saying the title is Ushited?

Press talk about him instead of bullshit mutinies will help the players.

Interesting that he's tackled the Pep rumours head on in that press conference. Glad he did that. I didn't find his comments about talking to six or seven teams as being sarcastic though. Sounded like he genuinely did.

In more important football news - delighted Micah's only out for a month and not the 4 months mooted and glad Garcia's back too.

mat said:
Anyone think he's deflecting pressure off the team again. As he did when he was saying the title is Ushited?

Press talk about him instead of bullshit mutinies will help the players.

I have to admit Mancini know how to play the media game and the whole pressure of the team works with the focus on him!

I still hope the PR Department sorts out these kind of stuff being leaked ...have to admit the touch of sarcasm when answering the questions was kinda funny

Blueroses said:
BillyShears said:
unexpected item said:
Tweet from today's press conference

Good to know whilst everyone and their mother was saying Mancini was 100% guaranteed to still be in a job last summer that the man himself was lining up seven or eight contingencies.

Classic case of Mancini being far too honest and open with the press IMO. City really do have a shit media handling department.

Mancini is too nice and open with the press but boy do the PR team need to address comments like this being given my Mancini

Mancini handles the press fine, after the media circus of Italy, our lot are a doddle.

BillyShears said:
I'm curious whether he'd be as full of humour had the story been that City were talking to Pep/Mourinho. Particularly when he ostensibly resigned from Inter because he got wind that Moratti was talking to Mourinho. To be honest, as I said earlier, I really wish City's media department would stamp on shit like this. Of course behind the scenes managers, players, are always looking at their options outside of where they are. But this smacks of having a pop at City, making Mancini look a bit small time, and as such we should have come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Exactly what should be happening in light of all these stories being `exposed` at the moment.I mean how hard can it be to procure a sympathetic journalist from somewhere and feed him exclusives to start setting a few records straight?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Matty said:
BillyShears said:

Surely no-one is "very close" with 7 or 8 potential employers?

I have no doubt Mancini, given his contract status last winter, was looking at his options, but I still find it hard to believe Monaco, a second division French side, were high up his list of options.

Mancini is one of the most politically savvy managers in world football IMO.

He played City beautifully on his recent contract extension.

I know he was courted very heavily by Juventus the year before last.

I was sceptical about the Russia claims, only because those pesky Commie bastards can fake anything.

As for Monaco, not being funny, but football in France is on the verge of a boom.

A huge tax free salary in one of the most beautiful places in the world, an endless supply of eye candy every minute, a Russian billionaire benefactor...what's not to like?

apparently the restaurants aren't as good as in Manchester

Danamy said:
Who gives a flying fuck?

A manager's agent is no different than a players agent, they put feelers out and keep options open for their client, I don't see an issue?

Things can change at a drop of a hat and there's no loyalty either way, that's the business and circles they work in.

I agree. Football is about money and they all have zero loyalty.

Managers come and go, players come and go. Owners come and go.

That's football folks.

BillyShears said:
Interesting that he's tackled the Pep rumours head on in that press conference. Glad he did that. I didn't find his comments about talking to six or seven teams as being sarcastic though. Sounded like he genuinely did.

C'mon, that was blatantly sarcastic. If he'd have responded in an arsey or defensive way they would've been all over it, so instead he diffused the situation neatly with a joke.

I feel it only right I come clean with everyone in light of all this. Back in January, there were rumours I was going to cop a ban after a series of posts calling some halfwit on here "a ****", so I too was looking at my options.

I'd filled in the form to join a Monaco fans forum and had actually begun to take French lessons. However, things changed in May when we won the title, Mancini was given an extended contract and this place calmed down on the "frothing" front, so I decided to stay put.

Apologies to everyon for dipping my toe in the market and apologies to the Monaco forum - vivesleshommesmonagesque.com - who thought they'd got me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.