Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

Ric said:
BillyShears said:
Interesting that he's tackled the Pep rumours head on in that press conference. Glad he did that. I didn't find his comments about talking to six or seven teams as being sarcastic though. Sounded like he genuinely did.

C'mon, that was blatantly sarcastic. If he'd have responded in an arsey or defensive way they would've been all over it, so instead he diffused the situation neatly with a joke.

Regardless of Mancini's intention, mate, they are 'all over it'. Too cowardly to directly act in the moment, though, because, deep down, they know it was rooted in sarcasm.

Tomorrow's headlines et al: 'Mancini: I spoke to eight clubs last season'

City boss admits courting more than Monaco.

This where a savvy PR team earn their corn.

strongbowholic said:
I feel it only right I come clean with everyone in light of all this. Back in January, there were rumours I was going to cop a ban after a series of posts calling some halfwit on here "a ****", so I too was looking at my options.

I'd filled in the form to join a Monaco fans forum and had actually begun to take French lessons. However, things changed in May when we won the title, Mancini was given an extended contract and this place calmed down on the "frothing" front, so I decided to stay put.

Apologies to everyon for dipping my toe in the market and apologies to the Monaco forum - vivesleshommesmonagesque.com - who thought they'd got me.
tumblr_mb2rwxsIv81rnhv55.gif

BS, i think you need to get the sarcasm center in your brain checked out. That comment by Mancini about courting six or seven teams was blatantly sarcastic.

Of course, i am not saying that he didnt talk to Monaco. But that bit about seven teams was as sarcastic as it gets.

clearly a tongue in cheek/sarcastic comment by RM as was the one at the start of the press conferenace about not knowing we were teh only unbeaten team in the league and that last week he thought we were at the bottom..he is taking the piss out of the reporters...(which is hwy you can hear someone on the conference int he background say "C'mon".....he is taking the piss and they know it!

Again with the media inaccuracies/sensationalism/bullshit...the Micah injuries....they said they were led to believe it would be 3-4 months out....Thats bollocks..they werent led to believe anything...they started printing the stories regarding the injury saying he ws going to be out for 3-4 months before Richards had even had a medical exam!!!!!...they werent led to believe anything..they jumped to conclusions and printed a story based on nothing but assumptions and guess work....again not FACTS!!!!!

And of course, Talkshite have their own spin on it, in their sports headlines...

"Mancini chooses not to deny that he held talks with Monaco"

Like i said previously in the thread, managers are no differant to players, supply and demand.

We have one of the best managers in Europe so of course he's going to be a wanted man, get over it?

I'll await meltdown when Madrid come in for Aguero................

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/podcast/are-manchester-city-turning-into-barcelona/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/podc ... barcelona/</a>?

Interesting video link with some journos... interetsing thing about an email Shikh Mansoor sent to them? whats that all about...

mancityvstoke said:
One was Blackburn apparently

I also heard murmurs he was interested in my local under 11s side cos one of the mums is quite fit , the deal was terminated after 2 weeks of talks cos she got back with her husband , although its still a possibility in the summer cos they arent getting on too well again.

cyprustavern said:
mancityvstoke said:
One was Blackburn apparently

I also heard murmurs he was interested in my local under 11s side cos one of the mums is quite fit , the deal was terminated after 2 weeks of talks cos she got back with her husband , although its still a possibility in the summer cos they arent getting on too well again.

I heard that too.........the Blackburn job was more up his street he said. (what's STREET in Italian?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.