Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Sky sports reporting the" Robeeti Mancini has refused to deny reports that he spoke to Monaco about a move last season"
How the fuck do they come up with?

Well did he,at todays conference ?? No smoke without fire.
He "refused"? Really?
Best I listen again then.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ric said:
BillyShears said:
Interesting that he's tackled the Pep rumours head on in that press conference. Glad he did that. I didn't find his comments about talking to six or seven teams as being sarcastic though. Sounded like he genuinely did.

C'mon, that was blatantly sarcastic. If he'd have responded in an arsey or defensive way they would've been all over it, so instead he diffused the situation neatly with a joke.

Regardless of Mancini's intention, mate, they are 'all over it'. Too cowardly to directly act in the moment, though, because, deep down, they know it was rooted in sarcasm.

Tomorrow's headlines et al: 'Mancini: I spoke to eight clubs last season'

City boss admits courting more than Monaco.

This where a savvy PR team earn their corn.

Massively in demand manager chooses to stay at City for five years.

Gaylord du Bois said:
oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Sky sports reporting the" Robeeti Mancini has refused to deny reports that he spoke to Monaco about a move last season"
How the fuck do they come up with?

Well did he,at todays conference ?? No smoke without fire.
He "refused"? Really?

So did he DENY it then ??
I must listen to it again .

If it didn't happen, he'd have denied it outright. He chooses his words carefully, i suspect not without good reason.

Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
He "refused"? Really?

He NEITHER DENIED NOR CONFIRMED. He certainly didnt refuse to deny it

And likewise had it been a FALSE accusation,he would have firmly denied it.As he has done previously when people start to quiz him about certain "goings on" at City.
The bloke is no fucking fool.

oakiecokie said:
Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:

He NEITHER DENIED NOR CONFIRMED. He certainly didnt refuse to deny it

And likewise had it been a FALSE accusation,he would have firmly denied it.As he has done previously when people start to quiz him about certain "goings on" at City.
The bloke is no fucking fool.

He indirectly denied it through sarcasm with the bit about 7 clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.