Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

JoeMercer'sWay said:
don't think it's far-fetched to say it could be someone or someone linked to somebody who recently got shunted out of the main job who would probably want to get their own back on the person they believe cost them that role.

His thinly veiled swipe at Marwood didn't go unnoticed

"And now I think the next three or four years will be very important for us. I think that now with Ferran [Soriano, the new chief executive] and [Txiki] Begiristain [appointed last week as director of football] we can work very well – we can improve our team."

Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:
Ragnarok said:
He NEITHER DENIED NOR CONFIRMED. He certainly didnt refuse to deny it

And likewise had it been a FALSE accusation,he would have firmly denied it.As he has done previously when people start to quiz him about certain "goings on" at City.
The bloke is no fucking fool.

He indirectly denied it through sarcasm with the bit about 7 clubs

I never mentioned the 7 clubs .. but for some reason you did.

oakiecokie said:
Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:
And likewise had it been a FALSE accusation,he would have firmly denied it.As he has done previously when people start to quiz him about certain "goings on" at City.
The bloke is no fucking fool.

You are the one who said he didnt deny it at all. i am saying that he indirectly denied it.

oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
oakiecokie said:
Well did he,at todays conference ?? No smoke without fire.
He "refused"? Really?
Best I listen again then.

So did he DENY it then ??
I must listen to it again .
Don't be foolish,you're just being cantankerous for the sake it.You know full well its bullshit that he's "refused" to deny anything.
If anything he's be very open.

Hamann Pineapple said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
don't think it's far-fetched to say it could be someone or someone linked to somebody who recently got shunted out of the main job who would probably want to get their own back on the person they believe cost them that role.

"And now I think the next three or four years will be very important for us. I think that now with Ferran [Soriano, the new chief executive] and [Txiki] Begiristain [appointed last week as director of football] we can work very well – we can improve our team."

It really is true that we all see what we want to see in Mancini's quotes. If there's a "dig" at Marwood in there it's lost on me. Particularly when "we can work very well - we can improve the team" is a standard Mancini'ism.

Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:
Ragnarok said:

You are the one who said he didnt deny it at all. i am saying that he indirectly denied it.

Do you honestly beleive that Bobby has NOT been courted by A.N. Other since last season.He had the opportunity to deny it today.He chose not to.
You can tart it up all you want,but the fact remains that both he and the Club could have issued a statement condoning the media hype .. and guess what happened ??

BillyShears said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It really is true that we all see what we want to see in Mancini's quotes. If there's a "dig" at Marwood in there it's lost on me. Particularly when "we can work very well - we can improve the team" is a standard Mancini'ism.

True, that wasnt a dig at Marwood. If someone else is appointed tomorrow instead of Txiki, Mancini would say the same thing.

Gaylord du Bois said:
oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
He "refused"? Really?
Best I listen again then.

So did he DENY it then ??
I must listen to it again .
Don't be foolish,you're just being cantankerous for the sake it.You know full well its bullshit that he's "refused" to deny anything.
If anything he's be very open.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.So why didn`t he just deny it you soft twat ?? He was asked and he didn`t deny.He thought about something to say and then claimed 7 clubs.He was then asked about the weather in Monaco and he replied that what about the weather in Italy,indicating something most of us had already heard that Juve and Milan would have liked him.
So do you absolutely think for one moment that he has not been touted ??

oakiecokie said:
Ragnarok said:
oakiecokie said:

Do you honestly beleive that Bobby has NOT been courted by A.N. Other since last season.He had the opportunity to deny it today.He chose not to.
You can tart it up all you want,but the fact remains that both he and the Club could have issued a statement condoning the media hype .. and guess what happened ??

First off, you are the one reading too much into it. Secondly, he might have been contacted by other clubs. Sensible men keep their options open at all times , especially in a cutthroat business like football. What i am saying here is that Mancini certainly didnt refuse to deny that he talked to Monaco, which you are implying he did. At best you could say that he neither denied nor confirmed it, although the thinly veiled sarcasm aimed at the journalists could be taken as a form of indirect denial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.