Mancini - Balotelli

He made a terrible tackle. He will be rightly banned.

However he hasn't been the first and won't be the last. It's sad that some City fans have decided to turn on a player, with viciousness too, over something which has been done by good/great players before.

Did he jump into stands and kick and punch a fan? (Cantona)
Did he deliberately try to end someones career? (Keane)
Did he push over a ref? (Di Canio)
Did he head-butt a player (Zidane)
Did he deliberately fain injury and get a player sent off? (Rivaldo)

All those players had wonderful careers, and were seen as fantastic players regardless of whether you liked them or not.

People are acting like Mario's the worst player and person to have ever played the game.

He hasn't helped himself for sure, but too many fans have bought into the media bullshitathon concerning Mario.

shadygiz said:
BillyShears said:
shadygiz said:
mancini out

C'mon Shady .... you can't defend Mario after today surely ?

Tolmie's right, the kid wants back to Italy and that challenge was calculated and deliberate. It's actually worse at full speed than it is in slow motion because you see just how much momentum he has when he makes contact with Song.

i'll defend any city player until the day he no longer wears the shirt or have some of us forgotten what it is to be a supporter

My dear man,

We the fans are the ones that see the players come and go. We cannot change our team, we are stuck with them for life, through thick and thin.
Those players represent OUR hopes and dreams, whilst for them, it represents a stage in a career and a personal 'medal count'.

It is THEY that should defend our pride. They that represent OUR club. They that should defend our honour with their conduct on the pitch (and to some extent off it).

We don't defend players for the sake of it. Would we defend a City player who beat women? or worse.... no, because we have standards. It's those standards as decent City fans that should say "a City player setting out to injure other players isn't the sort of City player we want".

The club is bigger than the players, and if a player is tarnishing our club, I'll defend our club, not the player.

We'll still be around long after Mario.

argyle said:

However he hasn't been the first and won't be the last. It's sad that some City fans have decided to turn on a player, with viciousness too, over something which has been done by good/great players before.

All those players had wonderful careers, and were seen as fantastic players regardless of whether you liked them or not.

People are acting like Mario's the worst player and person to have ever played the game.

He hasn't helped himself for sure, but too many fans have bought into the rag media bullshitathon concerning Mario.

Great post.

Re: Where would we be without Mario?

We would have dropped 2 points against Spuds at home.

Juan King said:
Why? If he wasn't in the side, who's to say that his replacement wouldn't have earned/scored that penalty? I don't know that, any more than you do.

Balti said:
argyle said:

He hasn't helped himself for sure, but too many fans have bought into the rag media bullshitathon concerning Mario.

Great post.

Haha. I shot a man. Didn't get away with it. But since others did, people should have sympathy for me.

Juan King said:

Maybe if Balotelli hadn't started we would have beaten Spuds 4-0

Or maybe Aguero would have scored the penalty.

BillyShears said:
Balti said:
argyle said:

Great post.

Haha. I shot a man. Didn't get away with it. But since others did, people should have sympathy for me.

well the pub groper did wrong for sure

but the convicted rapist was probably worse

BillyShears said:
Balti said:
argyle said:

Great post.

You miss my point.

Those other players were banned, fined or whatever. As far as I can remember they weren't shunted from their respective teams. They weren't cited as disruptive influences that should be got rid of, even though they were kind of disruptive.

Mario is seemingly, oh here and in the press, being made out to be the worst player we've had and the sole reason why we've unraveled, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.