Mancini braced for another slow start....

Bluemoon115 said:
stonerblue said:
alera said:
They are the weakest of the promoted sides. The strongest of the promoted sides just got thrashed by Bolton at home.

It goes without saying that anything but a win would be a terrible result. We have to win all the banker games if we want to win the title.

will it fuck
So you think a draw at home to Swansea is an acceptable result?-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:09 pm --

bluealf said:
Didnt the scum always start off slowly and then build throughout the season finishing like a train after xmas to win the title.
That's a good theory.

Shame they looked 5 times fitter than us in every department last week.

I responded to the claim that 'anything but a win will be a terrible start'

As for your draw question, yes, i would accept it because i have no fuckin choice in the matter. What are you gonna do if the 'unacceptable' happens? Rip up your ST? Burn all your memorabilia and never go again?

stonerblue said:
Bluemoon115 said:
stonerblue said:
will it fuck
So you think a draw at home to Swansea is an acceptable result?-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:09 pm --

bluealf said:
Didnt the scum always start off slowly and then build throughout the season finishing like a train after xmas to win the title.
That's a good theory.

Shame they looked 5 times fitter than us in every department last week.

I responded to the claim that 'anything but a win will be a terrible start'

As for your draw question, yes, i would accept it because i have no fuckin choice in the matter. What are you gonna do if the 'unacceptable' happens? Rip up your ST? Burn all your memorabilia and never go again?
Nah, just come on Bluemoon and moan :)

But I don't think it will come to that, I believe we have enough, even in the lower gears, to overcome the early season enthusiasm from Swansea and get a result.

jay_mcfc said:
Expectation in itself is no bad thing but how people use it can be. There are 8/9 posters on this board that over the past few weeks jump on every negative thread they can find and twist it into an anti-Mancini argument time and time again. It's funny really, those of us with a few brain cells will give it a few games before seeing how we are playing. In the meantime we should still have enough to beat the likes of Swansea at home.

I read as much of Bluemoon as I possibly can and don't think I could name any of these posters you mention. If they bother you that much then I'd recommend just ignoring them and continuing with your sensible approach. The agendas many have are baffling.

bluealf said:

Oh,well that's alright then....................let's hope we've got the right engine driver eh?<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 pm --<br /><br />
bluealf said:

Oh,well that's alright then....................let's hope we've got the right engine driver eh?

It does not really matter how we start, slow or fast, its picking up points by whatever method and staying in touch at the top.
Our finishing in the top 4 or even winning the Premiership will depend on how we finish the season.
Trust in Mancini.

1-0 will do me. 3 points is all that matters. Even a draw would be better than nothing.
That said a defeat would be a disaster.

To win the title we need to average 4.75 points every two games from now till May.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Oh,well that's alright then....................let's hope we've got the right engine driver eh?

Well, our engine driver has delivered his train home on every train that he's every been on, so I think I'll stick with him thanks.

I'm pleased he's thinking like this because it shows he's taking Swansea seriously. Remember the games against Blackpool last year? We needed a deflected Adam Johnson goal to beat them at COMS and Silva's goal of the season effort.

Anybody who thinks we're going to walk it tomorrow is in for a rude awakening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.