Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
So many fucking rags on here, it's untrue.

Well there's nothing else for them to do ....... not with all those foreigners and cockneys sat in their seats at Old Trashford!

Hung said:
New back room staff, new system, some of the 'key' players off, a 12 month 'bedding in' period etc. All of this happening at a time when our main rivals are going into a period of instability. Fuck me. And all because we came second in the league and second in the cup, having won the league and the cup in the previous two seasons. As I say, FUCK ME.

for the same reason perhaps the powers that be think this is the ideal time to take their action.

Hung said:
New back room staff, new system, some of the 'key' players off, a 12 month 'bedding in' period etc. All of this happening at a time when our main rivals are going into a period of instability. Fuck me. And all because we came second in the league and second in the cup, having won the league and the cup in the previous two seasons. As I say, FUCK ME.

I don't think it's like that all; I think our owners see it more in the long term and all reports indicate that Mancini was deemed to have not pushed on since last season. Our performances were regressing so you can't blame them really, plus if reports are true that Mancini threatened to resign on at least two occasions then you can't blame them.

zandvoort blue said:
Please can someone give me 5 good league performances, not just the result, since Xmas....Apart the Swamp, and Arsenal away (albeit against 10 men) I`m struggling. The play has been turgid, and at times boring. I don`t know whether its the tactics, the lack of player desire, or some the players alledged dislike of the manager. But something needed to be done, its just dissappointing the way its been handled 24-48 hours prior to an FA Cup Final.
That day 12 months ago will last with me forever, and I will be grateful for all Bobby has achieved with MCFC. But now is the time to move forward. Whether it be Pellegrini, or ANOther, the manager in place will get my full backing.

ps would love to see De Boer given the job.

Pretty much sums it up for me (apart from De Boer) - there seems to have been an undercurrent of unhappiness around the team for the best part of 12 or even 18 months. The second half of last season wasn't championship form and this season it's just deteriorated steadily. Tactically, we just seem to have run out of ideas and too many good players have been out of form for it to be a coincidence.

The next week is going to be a difficult one for the club, and when Mancini is sacked it's got to be done properly. There's probably no 'good' way of doing this but at the very least Soriano needs to give an interview explaining why the decision was taken. Granted, the club wanted to get away from the Garry Cook situation, but Soriano is paid to lead the club and he's been far too quiet in my opinion. This has meant that Mancini has had to deal with lots of nonsense from the media and inevitably some of this has rubbed off on to the team, culminating in yesterday's sh*t show.

If he sacks Mancini and says nothing to the fans, it's going to look like very shabby treatment and it won't help Pellegrini or whoever comes in during the summer.

I just want to bury my head in the sand for the next 2 weeks after this weekend. The rag media has managed to shaft us again, with help from our terrible PR while Txiki and Soriano who we thought would lead us graciously to the front of the world stage are painted like Spanish mafia with these recent events. To top it off them rag bastards are still not fucking dead and are having a fucking whale of a time. The plan was they should be fucking miserable by now.

Think it's sunk in that Mancini is leaving otherwise the club would have made a statement, media has gone way too far.

Pellegrini seems like another Mancini. If we want to dominate we need someone with the balls to stamp their authority on the club (like shitface has done across town) or someone who views themselves as an equal to the players (e.g. Klopp) and will go as nuts as the fans.

Pellegrini doesn't fit either of these but couldn't suggest anyone else proven for what we need atm that would be likely to come.

Bones_92 said:
Andouble said:
Bones_92 said:
Absolute disgrace if we sack Mancini. We are becoming the next Chelsea
ugh.

This is the 2nd manager hired under the Sheikh regime and he took over nearly 5 years ago.

Sacking a manager who has give us our best years since the Mercer era just because he failed to win the league is a joke.

It isn't just that though is it? European competition is clearly of utmost importance to the board and Mancini hasn't shown throughout his time here or anywhere much competence in it.

I'm a little sad for Roberto, but he won't be sweeping the streets anytime soon so I won't be going overboard with any incantations of indignation. He has his health, he is a wealthy man: there are many people in this world far more deserving of my sympathy.

I will have almost exclusively positive memories of his time at the club. Any City fan of my vintage cannot, or at least should not, fail to understand what winning the FA Cup two years ago meant to this club. Last season is an experience that will never be surpassed and we are taken far more seriously as a club now under his watch.

I do have to say however, that as supporters we have to trust the people who own the club, who have delivered all we could have expected in a little under five years. Their plans for the club demonstrate a degree of long term planning that gives them every right to be given the benefit of doubt on this matter.

We can all form our views on Mancini's player recruitment, tactics and media skills, but there are many things we cannot know with any certainly, especially his ability to manage those who play under him and more importantly, at least as far as his job is concerned, those above him.

As to Pellegrini, we'll have to see, but there were plenty of City fans who questioned replacing Hughes with Mancini, a view which demonstrates knee jerk reactions to dismissals are not usually the most reliable. Our owners have been proven to be totally correct in getting rid of Hughes and surely the fact of the dismissal is, ultimately, far more important that the way it is handled. And poorly handled this appears to have been.

We need, as supporters, to get behind the new manager, which once the dust has settled I'm sure we will. Managers come and go, but the club is all that matters, or at least it's all that should matter to supporters. The cult of the personality is a modern trait which rears it's head on here too frequently, on both sides of the debate.

The reality is, the world will keep turning and we will continue to grow as a club and the people who have transformed Manchester City from a national joke to a genuine force in world football deserve our trust and support that they continue to make the right calls about the future direction that this club takes.

black mamba said:
Rammy Blue said:
So many fucking rags on here, it's untrue.

Well there's nothing else for them to do ....... not with all those foreigners and cockeys sat in their seats at Old Trashford!

Let them come on here..it proves how plastic they really are..

shouldnt they be planning for world domination next year with Moy-precious..??

Bones_92 said:
Andouble said:
Bones_92 said:
Absolute disgrace if we sack Mancini. We are becoming the next Chelsea
ugh.

This is the 2nd manager hired under the Sheikh regime and he took over nearly 5 years ago.

Sacking a manager who has give us our best years since the Mercer era just because he failed to win the league is a joke.

For the 500th time, It's not 'because we failed to win the league'. It's because we've went backwards with only a handful of performances this season at the level you would expect from the squad at his disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.