Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gelsons Dad said:
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Outers have quietened down last 20 mins..

You're like one of those Japanese soldiers they were finding on remote islands who still thought the war was going on in the 1970s.

Show a bit of dignity, mate.
"Pot to kettle, pot to kettle, do you read me? Over."

This made me chuckle.

BREAKING NEWS

Brian Kidd to takeover Manchester City as caretaker manager for remaining two games of season with Roberto Mancini waiting to be sacked

Daily fail reporting this so opened the article up and guess what nothing new just like this thread. Hope bobby is still in charge but it's not looking good

The_Mo said:
lancs blue said:
dave_blue12 said:
If the Sheik bought those players our squad would be even more unbalanced than it is now and it would be no guarantee of winning anything.

Pellegrini amassed a points record for Real Madrid with what he was given but was up against possibly the best club side ever in Barcelona and so finished second.

My unhappiness with RM is about the turgid football we play, it's about turning top class players into donkeys and then wanting to spend more money on other top class players. I've been a City supporter for 45 years, it's not about the trophies, it is never about the trophies.

It makes me sad to see what Roberto has done to Kun who came to us as one of the top strikers in the world - In a Cup Final against Wigan he was completely ineffective - very sad. For Kun also read Edin or David or Samir. These are top players and Mancini is responsible for getting the best out of them and he has failed to do it.

WTF??

Has it escaped your notice that Aguero has been struggling for fitness all season? Silva IMO is on the verge of burn-out after nearly 2 years of non-stop football, Dzeko simply doesn't perform consistently enough and Nasri's form only improved after that dreadful man-manager Mancini gave him a public rocket up his arse.
Thees and only thees.

WTF Indeed !

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

We have some of the finest footballers in the world at our club but under the stewardship of Roberto Mancini cannot beat Everton, Wigan, Southampton, Liverpool, Sunderland, West Ham. We all expect the odd poor game but there are too many. It's a pattern which shows no signs of improvement.

I will be very disappointed if Mancini stays. If as I believe he goes and Pellegrini comes in I believe we will again see the true potential of our squad.

sergiokun said:
BREAKING NEWS

Brian Kidd to takeover Manchester City as caretaker manager for remaining two games of season with Roberto Mancini waiting to be sacked

Daily fail reporting this so opened the article up and guess what nothing new just like this thread

So in fact it isn't breaking news at all!

The rumours/stories over the past week have not been simply that City are seeking to replace Mancini, but are much more specific; that Soriano and Begiristain have identified Pellegrini as the best man to work as head coach with Begiristain as the director of football so that all coaching at the club would be coordinated. These stories gave the press the double edged weapon they wanted - a blade to undermine the club at a crucial period whilst giving the opportunity to attack the club by defending the record of their target.

Our club's policy is not to comment on rumour and only to make an announcement when there is something to announce. This is an admirable policy, but only 99% of the time, and the 1% when it is a disaster was last week. Our team arrived at Wembley on Saturday afternoon looking as though it had just lost a relegation dogfight and not as though it was about to contest a cup final. Vinnie stormed onto the pitch, hands in pockets, looking sour and angry. Other players looked flat and drained. Mancini looked miserable. The press had done its work well, City were leaden legged and sapped of morale: Roberto was even heavy limbed on the touch line. We didn't play and Wigan won deservedly. I respect the players for stating that they would not blame the rumours about the manager for the defeat, and I'm not going to argue that Wigan owe the cup to them - I applaud Wigan for their success - but our players wouldn't have beaten anyone on Saturday.

By Sunday morning it was done and dusted. Mancini was history, sacked within 48 hours, Pellegrini was even seen at terminal 3 of M'cr airport in the late afternoon, Hansen was explaining why Mancini deserved the sack (unlike his great mate at Liverpool) and the usual crew on here were explaining why Pellegrini, Klopp, Mourinho or, well anyone in fact, would have bettered Mancini's record since Dec 2009. And then Pellegrini turned up at Malaga's match last night, and said he was not the manager of City, he had had no contact with the club, that he had a clause in his contract with Malaga not to talk to anyone and that this was the time of the year for this kind of gossip.

The only other person to speak out is Roberto Mancini and he dismissed the rumours as "rubbish" and criticised the PR department and Vicky in particular. I have to agree with him. I cannot believe the men at our club would be negotiating contracts to replace the manager in the week of a cup final. Failure to quash these rumours has, possibly, cost us the cup - we would at least have pushed a very good Wigan team a bit harder! They have done, and are still doing, our club great harm. I think a statement saying that Roberto has a contract with 4 years to run and the club intends to honour it. If they won't do this they should explain why they are trying to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.