Mancini critism of Hughes

Bonol said:
And you know more than Mancini?

Sorry to say yes it appears so, i have identified another central midfielder for him. Look we have got a better fucking midfield than 95% of the premiership, what a shit excuse, if he really thought that he should of got his skates on in the ttransfer window.

ya umm our midfield is pretty shit, i can name some teams better lets start
chelsea
arsenal
liverpool
villa
tottenham
rags

Bonol said:
Mancini states in the Guardian

. "But it is strange for me that we only had three central midfielders – Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Stephen Ireland. It is impossible to play a whole season using just three central midfielders. Impossible."

Which just goes to show he doesn't even understand his own squad, what is Kompany, he is a fucking midfielder covering at centre half until his injury. Excuse's excuse's.

Utter nonesense IMO.
I watched Kompany play for Belgium at centre half shortly after he signed for us and he was the best player on the park by a mile.He's so obviously better suited as a centre back-he's tall,composed effective in the air and distributes the ball well.
In fact-I'd go so far as to say he's the best natural CB at the club.

It's a credit to him as a footballer that he looked so effective as a DM.

Mancini is 100% correct.

Bonol said:
Kompany has been our best defender, why take him out of the back four, have you even been to a match this year - you soubd like a fucking plastic, grow up.

Kompany and Zabba are utility players, we need out and out midfielders who run all day and harass everything.

Get a life

You get a life, if Kompany is a centre half, explain why the fuck we buy Toure and Lescott, so Kompany who cost approx 6 MILLION could sit on the bench all year.

In a word mate, yes. Big clubs and successful clubs have strong squads, so at some point we are going to spend decent money on guys who, when everyone is fit, won't get in the team - £6 million actually not being a lot of money for a very very good player in Kompany.

By the way, he's a defender turned part-time midfielder.

Kompany in the early days of his career was always a centre back, that is his natural position, however can play in midfield when called upon - which was what Mark Hughes did...

For me he should stay at CB as he's been excellent there since Mancini has taken charge. He is the towering defender we need in our back line.

Mancini is correct in what he says - we need more central midfielders. Personally I dont think our current central midfielders aren't upto the job which is why we get bullied in the middle of the park at times. Barry has been a disappointment and i feel NDJ deserves someone better playing next to him in the middle of the park. I just hope Vieira can still do the job!

Manchester City can confirm the signing of Belgian international defender Vincent Kompany from Bundesliga side Hamburg SV on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The 22-year-old already has over 20 caps for his country, as well as appearances at U17, 18 and 21 level and was touted for a move to the Premier League when leaving his first club Anderlecht in 2006 before opting to join Hamburg.

He has recently been with the Belgian side at the Olympic Games and left his country’s side before their semi final defeat against Nigeria to return for the season opening 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich last weekend.

Kompany can, and often has, played as a defensive midfielder for the Bundesliga giants and becomes Mark Hughes’ third signing for the Club.
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2008/August/City-sign-Kompany-from-Hamburg
From the OS

He's just had a transfer window to sort it. Instead he brought in the aging and unfit Vieira and gambled on Mariga getting a work permit. Can't moan too much when he didn't bring anyone else in. Also he has played Ireland on the right. If we don't have enough options in the middle and have SWP and Johnson available and on the bench why play Ireland on the right?

This is a very strange thread, I have pulled the OP's file and discovered he went missing completely for the 2 months around the departure of Hughes and the arrival of Mancini. I don't think his treatment was successful.
BTW I think I read that Kompany preferred midfield but that could have been after we signed Toure & Lescott.

Must admit previous to this season I prefered Kompany playing in midfield thought he looked abit suspect at centrehalf last year.

This year he looks more assured at centrehalf and I have only had a glimpse of him in midfield when again as last year he looked good.

Cant see why Mancini is moaning hes had all of January to put things he didnt agree with right!!!!

masterwig said:
He's just had a transfer window to sort it. Instead he brought in the aging and unfit Vieira and gambled on Mariga getting a work permit. Can't moan too much when he didn't bring anyone else in. Also he has played Ireland on the right. If we don't have enough options in the middle and have SWP and Johnson available and on the bench why play Ireland on the right?

That's a very good point and one I raised earlier in the thread. If Hughes had done that with 2 good wingers on the bench he'd have been heavily criticised and rightly so, so I find it more than a little puzzling that none of Mancini's fan-club have bothered to try and give a plausible reason for starting Ireland on the right against Hull.

Utter nonesense IMO.
I watched Kompany play for Belgium at centre half shortly after he signed for us and he was the best player on the park by a mile

Then why the fucking hell did we sign Toure and Lescott?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.