Mancini Doesn't Understand...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Man City boss Roberto Mancini on his side's derby defeat: "Wayne Rooney can change every game because he is a fantastic player. But we didn't deserve to lose. We played very well and I'm not worried for the result because this is football. What was important is that we played a good game."

nope, sorry mate, we have to win, playing well is a luxury on top. Obviously you don't understand what the derby means either, so er, well done on playing well and leaving us 5th if Spurs and Chelsea win their games in hand, oh and for also leaving us without any doubt that we won't be competing for the league this season, nice one berto...

suppose we should expect this reactionary rubbish after a Derby defeat. We dominated much of the game and Mancini didnt miss Silvas chance at 3 mins. Surely you can see we are moving in the right direction. It is the negative mentality of some of the city support that is as much of the problem as anything else. Bet u sit at comms mumbling and grumbling to yourself and look around in disdain when the likes of me stands up and supports the team vocally. It is a two way thing and the players are human. I wholly believe in the 12th man analogy. You obviously do not.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Man City boss Roberto Mancini on his side's derby defeat: "Wayne Rooney can change every game because he is a fantastic player. But we didn't deserve to lose. We played very well and I'm not worried for the result because this is football. What was important is that we played a good game."

nope, sorry mate, we have to win, playing well is a luxury on top. Obviously you don't understand what the derby means either, so er, well done on playing well and leaving us 5th if Spurs and Chelsea win their games in hand, oh and for also leaving us without any doubt that we won't be competing for the league this season, nice one berto...
What do you want him to say in the aftermath of a Derby defeat?

I don't have much respect for individuals who always look to turn on their own after a setback.

The manager is looking for positives. You are looking for negatives

You have to be kidding. Thought Mancini's tactics were spot on. We started very strong and created numerous chances. We were then under pressure just before half time, so he changes it, and again were back on top, and until the last 10 minutes looked the most likely to get a winner!

JoeMercer'sWay said:

kneeYERK reaction. i take it into account that your upset like we all are.

34 years and we`re still here.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Shit thread doesn't even begin to describe it

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
That's the best that City have played at the swamp for years so fair play to Bobby, he went for the win.

Eh?

Sven went there and played them off the park... and WON.

Keegan went there a few times, when we were much weaker and they were much stronger, and routinely gave them a game and won points at the swamp.

Trust me, this is nowhere near one of the best performances we're had at their place by some distance.

tomhawley said:
Care to explain what he could have done different?

Install a winning mentality. It is one of the tasks the top managers are required to deliver on. As for those asking how anyone could blame Mancini for the loss, you lot would be the first praising him if we won so sorry you can't have it both ways.

I'm not criticising his tactics, the performance, whatever.

I'm saying he should not say he "isn't worried about the defeat" because no manager should ever say they aren't worried about it, because they should be dying to win every game, especially a derby and should be very dissappointed that they lost, instead of saying "well it's ok, we played well".

no it's not ok, we lost, and he shouldn't be saying that he's not worried about it, because we should have won that game, so he should be unhappy that we didn't put them away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.