Mancini fear of failure?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
Let's all get behind Mancini 100% and push our team for top four and a trophy!! I dont like Mancini going on about 3 games a week injuries and the players are tied to much negativity! I'd rather him be positive and say our squads strong enough and players now a days are that fit 3 games a week is no problem! Also we have some excellent youngsters who can always play a big part!

The sentiment is commendable, but it's very difficult for me to continue backing a horse which shows no sign of getting back into the race.

Certainly to the extent, he's got his whip out way too early, and is letting the other runners and riders know, our chances are slim.

You can't rely on youngsters at this stage. Nor whould we. Mancini spent a lot of money getting 'his' team.

As it stands - both Kolarov and Boateng will never be more than squad players and can't be relied upon to defend consistently.

Balotelli and Dzeko, far too early for them to carry the burden.

It in the exisisting nucleus of deadwood, and top performers, who he can't motivate and gameplan enough, to get us where we should be.

damn

sounds like (if I didn't know any better) the seeds are sprouting for someone who might actually want the job and who has replaced managers of enough ability before, hmmmm...

we've had some crappy results, but that's football; look at this weekend's fixtures.

I don't think it's time to get all weak kneed, and I don't believe it's time to be looking around for other options.

this is what management is all about, and no one manager is immune from it.

I think we'll do alright this season and hope we'll be better prepared and even more competitive next season.

where we are right now isn't all doom and gloom, although of course we could be better and that's the one word Manciti is always using "improvement" whereas with his predecessor that word was "obviously".

;o)

no point to arguing over our chances at this late stage. no-one has any magic insight, let alone foresight. just angst, which expresses itself in different ways. denial of the chance of failure, or denial of the chance of success.

moan, moan about the moaning, whatever. just don't forget to enjoy the moments before all is revealed.

Chick Counterfly said:
no point to arguing over our chances at this late stage. no-one has any magic insight, let alone foresight. just angst, which expresses itself in different ways. denial of the chance of failure, or denial of the chance of success.

moan, moan about the moaning, whatever. just don't forget to enjoy the moments before all is revealed.

beautifully put so late in the evening...

I timely reminder of one of those moments of beauty maybe...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDUvcgBxKk[/youtube]

BillyShears said:
Chick Counterfly said:

beautifully put so late in the evening...

I timely reminder of one of those moments of beauty maybe...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDUvcgBxKk[/youtube]

least he did something in the game.

Watching City play Utd recently I felt something I had not felt for a long time...a real sense of Pride...we played really well...we lost but we knew and they knew the gap has closed...watching the other night against Aris I felt for ther first time a total and utter lack of concern about the opposition...we controlled the game , put in a totally professional display and won comfortably....even as poor as we were against Fulham I never for a second thought we would lose..things have changed without a doubt at City and blips are just that...blips.
I honestly believe we are moving forward and going to put ourselves in winning positions...wether we will win or not remains to be seen...you can't just assume we will...Brum beat Arsenal...shit happens!
Collectively I think we the fans have got the collywobbles and we are in some way thinking we might transfer that to the team/manger wether consciously here in the forum or unconsciously at the stadium..I do not for one second think the players are shitting themselves half as much as we are but i do believe they can sense a tense crowd......so let's get behind them now with a mighty roar every game come what may till this season is done...what have we got to lose? Let's give them the benefit of the doubt...let's just fucking go for it , enjoy the ride and be City fans come what may...we might just make a difference.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mcfcliam said:
No I don't.

I just don't follow the 'I pay so I expect' shite...I go to City to watch my team and cheer them on, win or lose...I don't give a shit if we win 1-0 in the most boring game ever, 3 points is 3 points, regardless of how much I pay.

But yeah, as you said, we have to play well and win because you've paid.

Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

You should go and watch the Harlem Globetrotters because after all, you pay so you want entertainment, not competitive sport.

competitive sport is pretty often entertaining.

watching city recently hasn't been because we've been playing shite.

I find it entertaining.

What did you do before the money came in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.