Mancini fear of failure?

all i hear is the players are tired, the players have a chance of burnout, i say bollocks, they should get a fkn grip, get stuck in, they have the greatest job some lads would give their testicals for?they are playing to many games thats bullshit, if they can,t hack it then get some guys in who can? how are they going to go on if they do get in the chumps league when the bar has been raised, ho boo hoo i,m tired boss i can,t take it boss, i can see their being a reckoning for bobby because of this lot, a profesional footballer should be able to motivate himself and be able to do a good job wherever his position is in that game?

The thing is, I don't think there's many people saying Mancini should be sacked (don't think there's anyone saying it) - but the way I'm reading things, and what I'm trying to say, is if he's not careful he will get sacked. His 'trajectory' right now isn't very good. The players' body language isn't very good. His post match comments sound as tired and jaded as he's suggesting his team is. He's commenting on a lack of motivation...which scares the life out of me.

BillyShears said:
The thing is, I don't think there's many people saying Mancini should be sacked (don't think there's anyone saying it) - but the way I'm reading things, and what I'm trying to say, is if he's not careful he will get sacked. His 'trajectory' right now isn't very good. The players' body language isn't very good. His post match comments sound as tired and jaded as he's suggesting his team is. He's commenting on a lack of motivation...which scares the life out of me.

His trajectory is to get us in the champions league and win a cup as a bonus, we are 3rd in the league and still in the europa league and fa cup. I cannot see how his trajectory isn't very good.

People are going way over the top but then that is expected. In this 'poor run' we're on we've won 7 and drew one of our last 8 home games and we still have one of the best away records.

Yesterday was a terrible performance lacking any kind of cohesion or togetherness. In a way I agree with Dave saying he's making it up as he goes along at the moment but that's because of injuries. Every game we have different players missing and yesterday we had a bench full of players not fit or good enough to play.

If Kompany, De Jong, Silva and Richards were fit yesterday we'd have seen something more like our typical formation and we'd have played much better.

Now is not the time to panic though, the fans need to be behind the team for the next few games because they're going to have a big impact on the success of the team.

WNRH said:
BillyShears said:

His trajectory is to get us in the champions league and win a cup as a bonus, we are 3rd in the league and still in the europa league and fa cup. I cannot see how his trajectory isn't very good.

Because you pick a trajectory based on whatever you want to prove.

I like Mancini and think that he's the man forward, after watching his teams for the best part of 5 years. Thus, I will look at us under Hughes as a way of comparing, which he comes out spiffingly against.

Others don't like Mancini and think that he should be gone, so they pick last year, where we were playing well in the last third of the season to compare it to right now and we look like chumps.

As I said, this whole debate is useless because people see what they want to see to back their opinion, not the actual facts.

shadygiz said:
P8 W3 D2 L3 GF12 GA9 GD+3

fuckin poor

No doubt about it however we are still 3rd and are still in 2 cup competitions coming into March. Things have to improve on what we've seen in the past 6 weeks or so, no doubt about that but lets not go over board and pretend we've not had a good season because so far we're in an excellent position but we must kick on. Mancini knows that, the players know it and so do the fans, it's important that we don't have too many more performances like the one yesterday

We are still on course for the top four and at this stage of the season thats good enough for me but i'm well aware performances must improve on the ones we've seen of late and i'm sure they will

Damocles said:
WNRH said:

Because you pick a trajectory based on whatever you want to prove.

I like Mancini and think that he's the man forward, after watching his teams for the best part of 5 years. Thus, I will look at us under Hughes as a way of comparing, which he comes out spiffingly against.

Others don't like Mancini and think that he should be gone, so they pick last year, where we were playing well in the last third of the season to compare it to right now and we look like chumps.

As I said, this whole debate is useless because people see what they want to see to back their opinion, not the actual facts.

here's a fact for you dam ;p

shadygiz said:
P8 W3 D2 L3 GF12 GA9 GD+3

fuckin poor...great steps forward in defense there...considering the defensive style we are playing, don't you see these stats as a surprise

It makes me laugh when people go on about 'the need for stability', and go on to reel off managers to prove their point. Let me give you another version, Tottenham and Juande Ramos. Virtually same squad as they have now in the relegation zone. Levy sacked him and got Redknapp. Within 1 and half seasons they were in Champions League and have never looked back. Imagine if Spuds had been calling for stability and Ramos to stay.........

Let me take on the others mentioned:

Wenger: Consistent in top 4 yes but hasn't won anything for 6 years and no progress. I actually don't think he's that good. Arsenal are not City, they are and have always been at the top challenging and winning. Except not winning in the last 6 years. In my opinion Wenger should be doing much better and even Gooners are coming around to this point of view.

Rafa Benitez: Should've been sacked earlier. Has played a major role in Liverpool's demise through wasting money and poor management. Classic example of a manager who should've been sacked earlier but was given more time coz he had won the CL. Which in my view was more luck and Gerard Houllier's squad than anything else.

Fergie: Let's be honest, a one off probably never to be repeated again. A man who has devoted his life to Manchester United and in all honesty will probably die on the bench. His burning ambition and ability to drive players either by fear or whatever is not matched at any other club. He is the EXCEPTION NOT THE RULE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.