Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

bugsyblue

Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need!

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Complete nonsense.

Today was ALL mancini's fault

We went in fortunate to be one up really and looked like the formation was off to me, thought he did right bringing on de Jong.

Always the blame game, Leicester were to blame, they played well and were good value for the draw.

Mancini did not defend the pieces abysmally and he did not drop the ball for Joe hart,

Poor performance all round, oh well.

Some players performances were very poor.

Get a grip, embarrassing by so called "supporters".

I'm surprised he can't see how SHIT Jo is. He's so bad it's funny.

tomhawley said:
We went in fortunate to be one up really and looked like the formation was off to me, thought he did right bringing on de Jong.

Always the blame game, Leicester were to blame, they played well and were good value for the draw.

Mancini did not defend the pieces abysmally and he did not drop the ball for Joe hart,

Poor performance all round, oh well.

Some players performances were very poor.

Spot on

The only problem I had with Mancini today was the playing of bloody Jo. He did nothing, again, it's really like playing with 10 men and a dog.

That said, we need to work on our set-pieces, and adapt to the game quicker, because that first goal was a fucking disgrace.

its the f.a. cup, shit happens .....give Leicester some credit and stop being knobs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.