Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

I wouldn't say it was all his fault as the defence was all at sea today, however, the point is valid. We were playing a fluid formation that would have seen us create plenty of chances. Instead we decided to sit deep again and hold on to what we have got. When you park three midfielders in our own third of the field, it invites the opposition on to us, it builds their confidence up and we are then continually on the back foot. Not only that but it completely isolates the forwards as none of the midfield get up to support them.

Awful show from our defenders. Poor show all round. Very poor second half tactics from the manager and his coaching staff.

The only problem i had with Mancini today and every timne he does it is playing Jo. The guy offers nothing Mancini must have had some serious falling out with Ade as he is 10 times the player Jo is.

Other than that silly mistake by hart and an absolute sitter missed by Dejong.

There have been a few bad players over the years that have worn the light blue and as much as i wanted jo to be a good player he is vvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy poor indeed and is rightfully in his place as fourth pick striker who hopefully will be looking to keep the bench warm for a long time.

SWP had a bad first half but the sub should have been NDJ for Jo. AJ and SWP out wide with Milner behind Tevez.

Bugsyblue why do you have to blame anyone!!

Given that you obviously understand the FA cup better than RM you must also know that now and again better teams don't get the results they should.

Truth is Leicester punched well above their weight and our boys did not deliver.
Tactics had nothing to do with it.

You can't blame the manager for that.

DD said:
I wouldn't say it was all his fault as the defence was all at sea today, however, the point is valid. We were playing a fluid formation that would have seen us create plenty of chances. Instead we decided to sit deep again and hold on to what we have got. When you park three midfielders in our own third of the field, it invites the opposition on to us, it builds their confidence up and we are then continually on the back foot. Not only that but it completely isolates the forwards as none of the midfield get up to support them.

Awful show from our defenders. Poor show all round. Very poor second half tactics from the manager and his coaching staff.
They run us over in midfield we needed de jong to prevent that. the tactics were spot on, the players let us down.

DD said:

They run us over in midfield we needed de jong to prevent that. the tactics were spot on, the players let us down.

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

When will people learn, we aint gonna crush every team we play, look at Sunderland and Newcastle yesterday. We didnt play well and Leicester played above themselves which is often the case in the FA cup, we will take care of them in the replay.

What a substitution from Manchini!!!! How many times this season it has already happened?! How do we call this? No team play in the second half.
I wish Kolarov played in Lazio. He made a mistake, left his flank, it was a good chance to score a goal for foxes. Hart was "amazing", nevertheless not the ghost of a chance for Given. But who knows ... May be something incredible will happen.

Dom38 said:
The only problem I had with Mancini today was the playing of bloody Jo. He did nothing, again, it's really like playing with 10 men and a dog.

That said, we need to work on our set-pieces, and adapt to the game quicker, because that first goal was a fucking disgrace.

This. We made Leicester look fantastic by playing so shit but they deserved the draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.