Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

DD said:
So do we all think that abandoning the football that we were playing in the first half, that created half a dozen decent chances, for a brand that sat back on the edge of our box, inviting wave after wave of pressure, whilst never once putting a lower division side under any pressure themselves, was a good tactical decision then do we? Yes or no?
Which game were you at? i watched a team that got run over in midfield and unable to keep possesion in the first half to a team that won the midfield battle and kept the ball to the ground passing.

Gelsons Dad said:
bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Complete nonsense.

I think that you are being generous - it is worse than that

This thread is too overreaction, but I can see Mancini's mistake as well. A minor thing but made the team disorganized as a whole. Mancini never learned to keep those goners like RSC, Ireland or SWP out of the meaningful games. What's the point these goners have to play and fight for the club that they are leaving? So woeful performances repeatedly in the cup game like this when you always play just 9 or 10-man against 11-man team.

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need!

We had more chances in the second half fact! We just didn't take em!....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.