Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

hgblue said:
I'm surprised he can't see how SHIT Jo is. He's so bad it's funny.
WHen balotelli is fit and now Edin i cant see him reach our bench. he is fucking useless worst footballer at city ATM

SWP with him i dont even know where to begin. He dont even try.

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!
To easy come back and try again. please tell, can it ever be the players fault? i mean in the end its the players who play.

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Little vulnerable? We were getting over run in the centre of midfield everytime they had the ball. He made changes to stop this happening. Personally I would have took Jo off instead of SWP but I think Mancini wanted the extra height to deal with the endless problems Bamba caused us in the air. And for the most part it worked. The goal was Hart's fault not Mancini's. We're still in the cup and I think we have a good chance of winning in. Stop fucking whinging.

I t would be one thing if the analysis was right. The analysis wasn't. I think the second half formation was actually superior. But that is probably coz we putnin better layers in the second half.

By the way Milner was a workhorse in the first. Too bad we play a 433 that forces him wide. He is so much better playing ne of the 2 CMs in the middle of a 442.

Anyway, I tot SWP was shaite as Usual. Jo was incredibly horrible as usual. I continue not to be impressed with either Kolarov or Boateng. But I have been told to give them time. So time they will get. Don't ike either of the CDs that played today. Good defending, horrible at orchestrating a fluid transition into midfield. What Toure is always looking for down-field I don't know. Just pass the damned ball to an open midfielder and let them do the thinking got crying out loud. A ball passing CD would be nice :(

AJ was unimpressive. Tevez took a while but literally, it was Milner, Tevez and Viera that were good today. Everyone else was pretty much crap... With Jo being the worst.

Bad day at the office. Hope to do better next time.

zeven said:
hgblue said:
I'm surprised he can't see how SHIT Jo is. He's so bad it's funny.
WHen balotelli is fit and now Edin i cant see him reach our bench. he is fucking useless worst footballer at city ATM

SWP with him i dont even know where to begin. He dont even try.
How many chances is jo going to get? I rarely criticise players, but my god he really isn't good enough! I have calmed down a bit now, and that is being kind to him. I just don't get what bobby sees in him atall. I firmly believe playing him is a huge detriment to our team

i don't blame any one just one of them FA cup things, we could of done better but we need to be behind the team not blaming it, we are all turning into rags when we think we have a divine right to win every thing.

Chill onwards and upwards just means more money to be took at eastlands so it will help with the fair play rules :)

Markie07 said:
i don't blame any one just one of them FA cup things, we could of done better but we need to be behind the team not blaming it, we are all turning into rags when we think we have a divine right to win every thing.

Chill onwards and upwards just means more money to be took at eastlands so it will help with the fair play rules :)

No its means we will have to play an extra game where our players will be more tired for their next game, and possibility of injuries.

Was I watching a different match?
We had two clear chances to score Johnson cocked it-should have left it for Jo but then again he would have missed - De Jong really cocked it.
We missed Silva and probably Vinnie at the back but Jo can go play with himself now - Edin Getin !!!!!

scousemanc said:
As a supporter I find these posts embarrassing. Do you think we just have to turn up to win?

no I just think he should have kept the formation to 4-4-2 as he did in the 1st half, changing it at half time is what cost us victory in my opinion. It's easy to blame Joe hart but our second half performance was much worse than the 1st (albeit the first wasn't geat by any means)

I honestly think you need to treat the fa cup differently to the league and I think Mancini needs to learn from today if we are to progress in this comp. And people are right Leicester deserve credit but my post was in relation to mancini's tactics today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.