Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

spacecadet said:
2nd in Premier League in mid January.

Latter stages of Europa League

Great chance to progress to 5th round of FA Cup and still some fukkers moan and whinge. Mancini's fault my arse - Blatantly obvious some of you pillocks weren't at the real FA Cup debacles at Halifax, Shrewsbury, Brentford, Blackpool etc................

Some people on here completely do my head in.

Amen to that.

Gelsons Dad said:
bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Complete nonsense.

Seconded

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Utter bollocks...

1st goal was a lack of concentration from the players, second was a freak mistake from arguably THE BEST keeper in Europe... as Mancini himself would say 'this eez a football'

Fair play to Leicester, they played out of their skins today.

SWP came off because he did nothing at all, good substitution in my book. Remember that Balotelli and Silva were injured, Dzeko was ineligible, Jo was poor and Ade + RSC are almost certainly out of the club and therefore couldn't be risked.

The replay will be a totally different beast as we will have a decent strike partner for Tevez and will be playing on a decent surface. Home advantage is massive against lower league opposition as they are used to playing on poor surfaces which disrupt our natural flow.

bobby gave swp his last chance and he's blown it, thank god he's a total liability.
Hopefully Jo has blown it aswell.
Just need to get fullbacks sorted so we don't have to witness that prat richards again

Was is fuck his fault, Booooooooooooring post,
Class atmosphere, mistakes happen and Leicester played a lot better then most of the prem teams we've played this season. It gives me an extra game to go to! i haven't got a problem with that one bit!

oh dear one slip up, i feel the time has come where we all need that scouse spirit.

seriously where do these village idiots learn to use a computer

We weren't at our best and Leicester gave it there all, give credit where it's due, it was not mancinis fault, to many players had a bad game and like I said Leicester deserve credit for a battling display

So do we all think that abandoning the football that we were playing in the first half, that created half a dozen decent chances, for a brand that sat back on the edge of our box, inviting wave after wave of pressure, whilst never once putting a lower division side under any pressure themselves, was a good tactical decision then do we? Yes or no?

DD said:
So do we all think that abandoning the football that we were playing in the first half, that created half a dozen decent chances, for a brand that sat back on the edge of our box, inviting wave after wave of pressure, whilst never once putting a lower division side under any pressure themselves, was a good tactical decision then do we? Yes or no?

you make it sound simple, like if we had not changed we would have strolled to a win.

well the one problem with that is the other 11 pro's on the pitch, svens a savy manager and worked out our flaws and his strenths. that was their cup final with a full side. Although we have superior players, they have only just started to gel as a starting 11. Take one or two key players out and its difficult.

but yeah one error from Joe and a couple of missed sitters showed how truly awful our tactics where. No matter what team we play we need to counter act their threats as well as attack ourselves, and their lies the art.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.