Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

2nd in Premier League in mid January.

Latter stages of Europa League

Great chance to progress to 5th round of FA Cup and still some fukkers moan and whinge. Mancini's fault my arse - Blatantly obvious some of you pillocks weren't at the real FA Cup debacles at Halifax, Shrewsbury, Brentford, Blackpool etc................

Some people on here completely do my head in.

Agree with the OP, wrong tactically and tried to play the game out in a very Italian way.

At least we didn't lose.

Forest?

To say today was ALL Mancini's fault is a bit ridiculous. I agree with part of what you say, about how he was happy to keep it at just 2-1, and you a kind of right about treating the FA Cup differently to the Prem, because obviously Leicester were going to come at us, as they had nothing to lose at that point, and we shouldn't have sat back and let them do that. However, to cite Mancini as the reason we didn't win is unfair. If you want to point the blame at one person, why not Hart for such a mistake? Or De Jong for missing a chance anyone else on the pitch would have scored?

Fair play to Leicester, they stayed positive, and kept going, and played some nice stuff. And another poster is quite right about how we can't just turn up and expect to win, we have to be clever and have a good plan about how to go about it, no matter who the opposition are. To be positive, at 2-2, we could have gone on and lost with the way Leicester were playing, with the crowd on their side and the momentum behind them. But at least we nullified them from that point onwards and got a replay.

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Personally i would blame the players - possibly Mancini then comes after that lot but for fucks sake its footblall where anything can happen

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

He spotted it quickly enough and reverted though.

Joe Hart screwed up and cost us the win today. Hardly the end of the world as we are still in the cup

The team out there should have been strong enough to beat leicester.
But its the fa cup, Arsenal drew at home with a strong team out against leeds... newcastle got beat by stevenage...go figure its not mancini's fault its the fa cup that sort of thing happens, have you seen the competition before?? then at the replay we win easy.

Gelsons Dad said:
bugsyblue said:

Complete nonsense.

This^^^^

The level of clue lacking on this forum knows no bounds.

Hart made a mistake and we didn't take several chances. That is all.

today may well be robertos fault, but its also his fault wer sitting second in the league and are the greatest city team of my lifetime

think under par performance by all esp corners. my main flaw with him if i can pick one would be changin back four most games. also think milner is best in the middle but he is the man and we are second (could go top on sat).

Ah the romance of the FA cup, the minows against the big boys, the manager who should not have been sacked against his former employers.
GET A FUCKING GRIP WILL YOU
Some of you so called City fans wanna take a reality check. We won't win EVERY game, we won't play brilliant football EVERY game.
It's only the first half as they say, get a grip and grow up Mancini's fault, you two faced set of bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.