Mancini haters: bad news - he is going nowhere.

From what I've seen so far this season from city, all that's needed is to cut out the odd silly error, Balotelli, Kolarov and Boateng fit, and we'll be kicking bottom.

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
Personally, I think Mancini is the real deal and he will have us playing fantastic football and will move us forward significantly this season.

But I keep reading comments like he will get the sack if he doesn't achieve xyz.

Well, barring a scandal involving incest with the Pope, I can see no scenario where Mancini will not be our manager next season.

Our owners got rid of Hughes because (a) he wasn't their man, (b) he was demonstrably out of his depth and (c) because he had no track record of success to suggest it could be worth sticking it out.

None of this applies to Mancini. Plus, you only have to listen to our Chairman's interview at the end of last season: adug are in it for the long term and accept that building will take time. Of course they are optimistic that city will be in the honours this season - well all are. But just as they shrugged off the disappointment after the spurs game last season, if we were to under perform I would expect exactly the same this season.

Bottom line is Mancini is going nowhere, now let's get behind him and the team and give them our 100% support!

Mancini will get sacked if we don't finish 4th this season. Whether that's right or wrong is debatable, but there's no question in my mind that the owners will take the view that anything less than 4th is abject failure and not good enough...

No he wont get the sack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we can achieve a Cup of any distinction and gain a creditable 5th spot,I feel he will still be here.
Too may people giving off bad vibes too quickly.
I`d be happy to take a Cup plus 5th place.Failing a non cup win, then yes we have to achieve a Top 4 finish.
But lets look in another 10 matches can we ??

peacefrog said:
From what I've seen so far this season from city, all that's needed is to cut out the odd silly error, Balotelli, Kolarov and Boateng fit, and we'll be kicking bottom.

I agree totally. It's a shame that the board so quickly descends into a farce with everyone being labeled a hater or a happy clapper...Mancini will get criticized most of the time when we drop points. As someone said earlier today in another thread - part of the winning mentality needed to win the league is not accepting things like dropped points at home against a rubbish Blackburn team.

I don't believe the city supporters are getting on his case yet but the media is a different animal altogether. They love nothing more than building someone up out of all proportion just so they can turn on them later. I am waiting for this to happen to Joe Hart in the very near future.

I have seen no evidence whatsoever that our owners do knee jerk. I have no doubt that they can be ruthless when needed though. I am also sure that whatever they decide to do will not be dictated by the fans or the media. In fact I am still convinced they are the best thing that has ever happened to our club.

i certainly dont want to see RM sacked...stability at the club is the single most improtant thing for this club to achieve

however i do want to start to see a brand of more positive football.....i agree with people tha it may take time for the new players to gel, particualry with all the injuries we have had at the start of the season.

but by the end of the season if there hasnt been a significant improvement on what we have seen at the end of last season and the start of this season then there will have to be questions asked whether or not RM is the right man for the job. Im not even expecting top 4...but i want to see a team that is willing to go out and attackevery team regardless of opposition or whether we are at home or away.

we have the players......now its time for RM to prove he has the ability to get them playing together.....

Chippy_boy said:
Our owners got rid of Hughes because (a) he wasn't their man, (b) he was demonstrably out of his depth and (c) because he had no track record of success to suggest it could be worth sticking it out.

None of this applies to Mancini. Plus, you only have to listen to our Chairman's interview at the end of last season: adug are in it for the long term and accept that building will take time.
Whatever mis-givings I or others have about Mancini (and there are plenty) we all accept that, in an ideal world, we need to give a manager time.

But you're being naive on a few scores. The first is that if the owners think Mancini is out of his depth then he'll go. So if we're mid-table at Xmas, having spent what we've spent then he's on borrowed time. If we finish the season well adrift of the top 4 then he'll go.

Secondly, the notion that he was "their" man. The fact is he came in to fill a gap and he wasn't first choice for the job longer term. You can mock all you like but that's the truth and there are enough people who know this from senior sources at the club.

Finally, we were assured they had complete faith in Hughes when they clearly didn't.

BillyShears said:
GStar said:
These manager discussions really are rubbish. Full of agenda, cliche and very little gorunding in actual reality.

It helps people choose what side of the fence they want to sit on before the mudslinging commences in ernest...;- )

I know that's a tongue in cheek comment, but I truly hope not. Many of the lads on here who are 100% behind Mancini and can apparently brook no criticism of him, are the posters whose opinions I've learnt to respect. I'm desperate for their faith in Mancini to be proved right, but I wouldn't be being honest with myself if I didn't voice my concerns. I really hope I don't find myself on the opposite side of any fence to some decent lads and fellow blues, and I hope I'm not getting a reputation for being a negative bastard, but I have to say it like I see it.

obviously everybody have the right to criticize. This is the purpose of the forum, discuss. criticize.
but criticism should be rational to be credible. in good faith.
when discussing the results , and mancini is accused of some results ignoring Sunderland Tevez or hart yesterday errors then it is difficult for people to be taken seriously and in good faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.