Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
Cheesy said:
g180aj said:
i dont think he should of been sacked at all were not barcelona or real madrid, kaka turned us down and so did eto yet you all think cos we've got money we are gunna turn up an win every game. You all need to wake the fuck up!!! mark hughes was a good manager and i feel ashamed that my club could treat him in this way

1. Show me one fan who thought we should win every game. Go on, I challenge you to do so.

2. Any factual evidence that Hughes is or ever will be a goodmanager?

3. Are you really ashamed that the owners have done what they think is the best thing for the club?

MH ... he had plenty of time to get those players to gel during the pre season. no excuses

i am a realist and know that city will never win every game. as long as there is no more comedy defending , and we play well, i can live with that.

maybe mancini will be able to motivate those who dont seem interested.. they know who they are! either shape up... or ship out!

badge said:
Carl_Man_City said:
What happens if we go out in the semi final and finish outside the top 4. Will Mancini still be the right man?

very likely, yes. because he'll only have had six months, and inherited a squad entirely of the previous incumbent's making.

do you really think so?

because i don't.

he will all so have money to buy players in january and if he does not get top 4 i think he will be gone,after yesterdays goings on we know that the owners want success yesterday so to speak.

i hope he does get the chance but have very big doubts if we are not at least 4th come may.

Unhappy at the timing.....

Unhappy at it being Mancini....far from my first choice (That'd be Hiddink, but he didn't seem to fancy it...)

manager
ACF Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
S.S. Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
F.C. Internazionale Milano
Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06

Not bad record in my opinion.
Welcome to City Roberto.

fallowfieldflyer said:
manager
ACF Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
S.S. Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
F.C. Internazionale Milano
Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06

Not bad record in my opinion.
Welcome to City Roberto.

Italian football and EPL toatally different kettles of fish....hope he can do it, and, like Hughes, will support him while he isour manager. But be honest, was he ANYONE's choice if Hughes was to go...?

'Long term project' etc etc

But judge him on his worst 11 games?

Stick the knife in when public opinion may be against him due to a big away defeat.

Not a word from the puppet either.

Tried to give Hughes the benefit when we drew 7 on the spin but quietly doubt crept in that he would struggle to get us into top 4 however long he was the manager for. So I'm prepared to give Manccini a chance because how many British managers can cut it right at the top ? Wait and see if this one can !

Keep swopping managers is the way to disaster! This is not the City I followed from 1955; rubbish for most of that time but always a caring club. Thats gone and Hughes had Robinho dumped on him.
What will Mancini bring that Hughes didn't have. Oh; an interpreter!

I really wanted Hughes to succeed but personally I don't think we were showing anywhere near enough in terms of progression. Ok, we were a bit higher up the league compared to last season, purely because he had been able to add 100 million quids worth of talent but there was no progression in terms of this mythical "team gelling" that we were waiting for, quite the opposite. Hughes instantly turned Richards and Dunne into shite last season and then having let/forced Dunney out, did the same with the well respected defenders he brought in, assembling the worst performing defence you could possibly imagine, given the sums of money involved. The defence was getting progressively worse, not better and I just think Hughes and his backroom staff were essentially incapable of organising a defence that would enable us to challenge the top 4. It would have been very nice to be able to bring Hiddink or Mourinho in as they would have represented virtually no gamble at all but clearly Mourinho isn't available till summer and for some reason Hiddink wasn't interested. With everyone near the top fucking up, I think we needed to make a change now and give ourselves a chance of taking advantage and Mancini looks a reasonable call under the circumstances. It wouldn't surprise me and wouldn't disappoint me if we get Mourinho in at the end of the season should Mancini not show significant progress over the next few months. That's a yes by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.