Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
This is bad news. BAD NEWS. This are very wealthy businessmen who buy success on a daily basis. They want to close a business deal or buy a company....they hire the best and it gets done. Football is different. Good football teams have many, many different personalities involved who bring different things to the team as a whole that bring success. Not just the manager or the players. Winning is a culture that runs throughout a club from the tea lady up to the top management. This does not happen to a club like MCFC overnight. This takes time, sometimes more time than you would like. Sure City have had two many draws but one thing they did do was play good attacking football. If the defense was not so fragile at least half the draws would have been wins and MCFc would be in the top four. If given time and backing MCFC would do very well under Hughes. Roberto Mancini is a man who has no experience in the premiership and plays negative defensive football and no doubt will sell and buy again in the january window, and as he knows very little about english players will buy in italian/foreign players who will not cope with the pace of the english league and will finish 6th or 7th at the very most. Then he will get the sack and round and round it goes. You cannot buy success in the premiership, it takes time, sometimes years. You have to out think and out buy great managers and teams like MANU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa. Money will not do that overnight. Granted, chelsea did well under jose mourinho but this was a team he joined that came second in the premiership and got to the semi-finals of the champions league but one thing most of the top teams have in common is consistency. I say, BIG mistake and the price will be paid.

olafshiel said:
This is bad news. BAD NEWS. This are very wealthy businessmen who buy success on a daily basis. They want to close a business deal or buy a company....they hire the best and it gets done. Football is different. Good football teams have many, many different personalities involved who bring different things to the team as a whole that bring success. Not just the manager or the players. Winning is a culture that runs throughout a club from the tea lady up to the top management. This does not happen to a club like MCFC overnight. This takes time, sometimes more time than you would like. Sure City have had two many draws but one thing they did do was play good attacking football. If the defense was not so fragile at least half the draws would have been wins and MCFc would be in the top four. If given time and backing MCFC would do very well under Hughes. Roberto Mancini is a man who has no experience in the premiership and plays negative defensive football and no doubt will sell and buy again in the january window, and as he knows very little about english players will buy in italian/foreign players who will not cope with the pace of the english league and will finish 6th or 7th at the very most. Then he will get the sack and round and round it goes. You cannot buy success in the premiership, it takes time, sometimes years. You have to out think and out buy great managers and teams like MANU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa. Money will not do that overnight. Granted, chelsea did well under jose mourinho but this was a team he joined that came second in the premiership and got to the semi-finals of the champions league but one thing most of the top teams have in common is consistency. I say, BIG mistake and the price will be paid.
Ragtime

mh is a decent guy,let down by 3/4 players .get shut of them not mh like the arse and the scumers do (2 late know ) give new guy achance.he may bin the shit.i live in hope

They do say that you should be careful what you wish for. This might be one of those scenarios...

I hope Mancini does the job immediately. No point sacking Hughes and then doing crap for the rest of the season assuming or hoping that Mancini will do better next season. We could have done crap for the rest of this season and then sacked Hughes in the summer and got Hiddink!

I believe Abramovich gave Hiddink the hard word about not going to City though.

its a bit early for this for all we know mancini could end up a right doughnut or the new messiah so i will have to reserve judgement for now

I think this is a big mistake for the club Hughes had laid his foundations for success i think he just needed 2 or 3 more signings and more time!!! The club was about as stable as it had been for ages and now mancini is gonna come in and lay his foundations and make more changes. His 1st job is gonna be to get the squad 2 like him because it seems certain members were very upset 2 see Hughes shown the door!

look at wenger and (dare i say it) fergie it took them years to bring success!

What also amazes me reading these forums is how delighted everyone seems to be with mancini, am sorry but i have no confidence in the guy at all I wonder how many of you would of picked him if you had the choice??

I really hope i am wrong and mancini gets us in the cl and wins us the cc but i cant see it happening. only time will tell ...............

Diablo_azul said:
olafshiel said:
Ragtime

I doubt a rag would be so eloquent. Welcome to the board and to Bradd. Two good first posts with which I agree.

I'm gutted hughes has gone. I believe he wasn't given enough time too see out his plan to any degree. A few players let him down, and should have shown a bit more fight a character.

Mancini appointment is a bit irrelevant, as i don't mind the man, as he is taking a job. At the end of the day, i want the best for city and hope we win everything, which i believe was hughes.

I support the club, not the man.

Good luck too Hughes, and i hope he gets another job soon and show what a good manager he is.

Also, good luck to Mancini. I will be cheering you on, lets just hope you get enough time to implement your plans, unlike hughes, and we don't turn into a high profile QPR.

Bradd MCFC said:
I think this is a big mistake for the club Hughes had laid his foundations for success i think he just needed 2 or 3 more signings and more time!!! The club was about as stable as it had been for ages and now mancini is gonna come in and lay his foundations and make more changes. His 1st job is gonna be to get the squad 2 like him because it seems certain members were very upset 2 see Hughes shown the door!

look at wenger and (dare i say it) fergie it took them years to bring success!

What also amazes me reading these forums is how delighted everyone seems to be with mancini, am sorry but i have no confidence in the guy at all I wonder how many of you would of picked him if you had the choice??

I really hope i am wrong and mancini gets us in the cl and wins us the cc but i cant see it happening. only time will tell ...............

I'm not saying you're wrong but what are you basing your utter lack of confidence in Mancini on?

I think with a transfer window coming up in a couple of weeks time the club owners probably felt that Hughes had not done that well in all his dealings so far. Whatever people might think of the Abu Dhabi owners they may not be as wealthy as they once were, especially with the goings on in Dubai, and I am fairly sure they did not want to throw another £100 million or so at Hughes for him to waste on not improving anything.

Considering the clubs he played for Mancini has a very good record of winning things. As a player who spent most of his career at Sampdoria 2 Serie A titles, 6 Coppa Italias and 2 UEFA cups was pretty good. As a manager 3 Serie A titles and 3 Coppa Italias even if one or two of the Serie A titles were helped by the relegation and so forth of major teams is also good.

The man seems like a winner to me and I also believe he is a very intelligent and well respected man and at the end of the day he was the best manager available now. Hughes did a good job at Blackburn but he was not getting the best out of the City players. Sometimes decisions have to be made and although the online poll is close 55% seem to agree with the decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.