Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
BurnCK said:
Bossman Blue said:
Whoever started this wants shooting. Its this type of thing that helps Talk Shite put the shite in there.

Fuck the media...

At the moment they are fucking City and there are City fans out there who are helping them. So why are they helping to cause a problem for a club they profess to love. Plastic fans they should piss off.

Bossman Blue said:
BurnCK said:
Fuck the media...

At the moment they are fucking City and there are City fans out there who are helping them. So why are they helping to cause a problem for a club they profess to love. Plastic fans they should piss off.

To be fair, they've never needed our help to talk shit about us, and they would continue to do so even if this board was only full of positive threads.

BurnCK said:
Bossman Blue said:

To be fair, they've never needed our help to talk shit about us, and they would continue to do so even if this board was only full of positive threads.

yes I agree but how good does it look with so called fans calling the station or appearing on sky slagging the club off. Its just giving the media what they want.

Bossman Blue said:
Whoever started this wants shooting. Its this type of thing that helps Talk Shite put the shite in there.

So the owner of this site wants shooting for hosting a poll and discussion on a highly significant event in our club's history because you're worried that Talkshite might then be able to quote legitimate figures that a large minority of city fans aren't hapy with the decisions made in the last few days?

Do you want all news and discussion censored, or just the bits that don't state exactly your point of view?

Goater's Shin said:
Bossman Blue said:

So the owner of this site wants shooting for hosting a poll and discussion on a highly significant event in our club's history because you're worried that Talkshite might then be able to quote legitimate figures that a large minority of city fans aren't hapy with the decisions made in the last few days?

Do you want all news and discussion censored, or just the bits that don't state exactly your point of view?

In response I would say that Its those that asked for the poll not the site owner that wants shooting. No I dont want to censor anything but I am questioning the sense of having a poll between a manager who is now history and the one who our faith has to be placed in to make a new history for City. Lets say Hughes wins the poll. What does that prove other than a greater number of inners were motivated to vote. What happens to the result. If Hughes wins its more ammunition for the media if Mancini wins it just gets ignored. So you tell me what purpose the poll has?

Bossman Blue said:
Goater's Shin said:

In response I would say that Its those that asked for the poll not the site owner that wants shooting. No I dont want to censor anything but I am questioning the sense of having a poll between a manager who is now history and the one who our faith has to be placed in to make a new history for City. Lets say Hughes wins the poll. What does that prove other than a greater number of inners were motivated to vote. What happens to the result. If Hughes wins its more ammunition for the media if Mancini wins it just gets ignored. So you tell me what purpose the poll has?

To gauge the opinion of the members of the forum in an organised manner. I do agree that it'd be hard for it to prove anything as you don't know if the people who vote 'no' are unhappy with Hughes being sacked, unhappy with Mancini being appointed or a mixture of the two. But, from what you're saying, it seems you think that as soon as Mancini was appoined nobody should have said a word of criticism on here as this fuels the 'media conspiracy', and i can't agree with that. I do agree that since Roberto is the manager now he deserves our backing and a fair opportunity, but i can't accept that discussing and counting the pros and cons of the decision should cease. This is a Manchester City fans' forum for manchester City fans, nothing to do with the media, and so i think a poll like this should be here.

Not sure a poll is a good idea but as a 46 year old who has seen numerous comings and goings at the club.

I give you a question to answer before voting covering our last three managers from when we thought /now have solid financial backing.

Could you see Sven on the touchline out thinking with manager of Barca, AC, Real etc.?

What about Hughes?

What about Mancini?

Personally I've never had the vision of Hughes in that position. The other two possibly yes.

Goater's Shin said:
Bossman Blue said:

To gauge the opinion of the members of the forum in an organised manner. I do agree that it'd be hard for it to prove anything as you don't know if the people who vote 'no' are unhappy with Hughes being sacked, unhappy with Mancini being appointed or a mixture of the two. But, from what you're saying, it seems you think that as soon as Mancini was appoined nobody should have said a word of criticism on here as this fuels the 'media conspiracy', and i can't agree with that. I do agree that since Roberto is the manager now he deserves our backing and a fair opportunity, but i can't accept that discussing and counting the pros and cons of the decision should cease. This is a Manchester City fans' forum for manchester City fans, nothing to do with the media, and so i think a poll like this should be here.

Its Monday now our new manager is about to meet the media and does noy need the attention diverting to the sacking rather than his ideas for the future. How far into the press conference do you think it will be before a journo asks " as even the fans dont want you blah blah blah" Or "apparently you are not as popular as Hughes" How will that help. Whats the point of a poll that provides bullets like that?

The poll was put up on Saturday just to gauge reaction to the new appointment, and was only ever going to run for a few days. As you point out it's now Monday and time to move on so will unsticky it now.

Bossman Blue said:
Goater's Shin said:

Its Monday now our new manager is about to meet the media and does noy need the attention diverting to the sacking rather than his ideas for the future. How far into the press conference do you think it will be before a journo asks " as even the fans dont want you blah blah blah" Or "apparently you are not as popular as Hughes" How will that help. Whats the point of a poll that provides bullets like that?

He could always answer by telling them that he's currently winning the poll.

But, seriously, if people couldn't voice their opinions, for or against, on here then what would be the point of the forum? If good honest discussion amongst City fans on here means that the media find out what alot of City fans are thinking, then so be it.

Oh, and for the record, I was a Hughes 'on-the-fencer' and I'm a Mancini 'on-the-fencer' too, I just respect everyones right to voice their opinion within our own forum, whether it fits with the 'everythings rosy here' image you want to project to the media or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.