Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
Lomas has a lob on said:
Bradd MCFC said:
I'm not saying you're wrong but what are you basing your utter lack of confidence in Mancini on?

More than anything it is just because im gutted the club has lost its stability but if u want a reason it would have to be the fact he has no premiership experience! Other than mourinho who can you tell me that has come to the premiership and been a success straight away??
Fair enough Mancini won things in italy, but how much of that is due to Juve being corrupt!??
It seemed to me the majority of players were happy playing for Hughes!
Wenger was a success straight away and by your remark we wouldn't have much scope to look for a new manager ever.[/quote]

Ancelotti seem to do b doin alright...
Wenger..took the double 2nd year...

M18CTID said:
blueking said:
THINKING OUT LOUD!!!!

I was not an MH fan, however I am confused by the action taken. If there was doubt about MH's ability why did we let him spend all that money and then not give him time to prove his team. If the rumours regarding Robbie and Adebayor being difficult are true then who was thwarting MH? (MH does not strike me as a person who would let players mess him about.) Along with many others I have been totally frustrated by City's performance over the past few months & MH has to take responsibilty for the disappointing results but don't forget that the most consistent performers this season are MH's "men".

I can only assume the transfer budget for January & the summer is again large as the new guy will want/need to have his own players in the team. The only argument I can see for yesterday's action is that we need to qualify for Champions League this season to attract the calibre of player needed to meet the ambitious targets set for the club, MH was clearly viewed as not delivering the targets. Looking at Mancini's track record and experience I see no guarantees! Are we now a hire & fire club & therefore prepared to sack Mancini in May if we are not in a top 4 position? Managerial stability is a proven model!!

Apologies for the longwinded contribution but I am wondering if others are equally confused by the thinking/actions of our owners? I hope Mancini is the wizard we ae seeking!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled about it all too. Like you I can't understand why he'd been given a summer vote of confidence plus a huge transfer budget, only to be sacked 4 months into the season. I'd understand it if results were so crap that we were nearer the bottom than the top, but even accounting for all the silly points dropped we were still 6th when he got the boot and not too far off 4th. Now top 6 or top 4 was the target depending on who you listen to so I don't think we were too far below where we were expected to be at this point.

maybe the owners didnt fancy Upson & co

I voted "yes" due to the fact I will support him/

But I have serious, serious reservations. Concerns that will either be brought to life after January or relieved after January. I just feel it is too late in the day for him to analyze this squad properly and I am concerned he doesn't know what he's looking for to suit the English game.

GDB said:
I voted "yes" due to the fact I will support him/

But I have serious, serious reservations. Concerns that will either be brought to life after January or relieved after January. I just feel it is too late in the day for him to analyze this squad properly and I am concerned he doesn't know what he's looking for to suit the English game.

If one is to believe the media then Henry has had about 3 weeks to analyse the squad and watch videos of the last two seasons matches.
Something Hughes, OBVIOUSLY, didn`t do when he took over from Sven. He hadn`t a clue what the players in the squad were capable of.

i'm quite excited by mancini's arrival and the prospect of having a manager with the tactical nouse sadly lacking in our club during the hughes reign. he only has to sure up the defence and we're sure to go places, i just hope this reported revolt by given/bellers etc doesn't create a damaging split within the camp. if they all pull together we have a great chance of finishing top4 with a few more signings during the window. must admit i don't know an awful lot about mancini during his time at inter other than 3 serie a titles in a row (granted in a much weakened league apart from his 3rd title) and a couple of italian cups. and him struggling in the champs league with them.....which seems to happen with every manager inter have even mourinho. does anybody know what he did in the transfer market while at inter, any decent signings he made/major flops?

I think it's a bold decision at this time of the season - but we really need to get the defence sorted and Hughes really has failed in this area. I'm hoping the Italian may be able to remedy this - if so everyone will be saying that it was a masterstroke to hire Mancini! I will give Mancini my full backing and I'm hoping his experience in dealing with big starts at Inter will help City go forward! Thanks Mr Hughes but I always has a feeling that the step up from Blackburn to City was too big for you. He was hired by Frank and not the Shiek and was always going to be extreme pressure because of this. Selling Dunne was also a mistake - the players he brought in to replace him with are no better and probably worse!

Hughes should never had got the job in the first place, no track record, would have done well to be mentored by a top manager. The arabs should have gone all out for 'the special one'.

It was obvious Hughes had little if any influence outside of the UK on who and how to get people to sign for us. he didnot have a great career as SKY would let you believe, no world cups, and picked a few pots up at the arse end of his career, sold out on the rags.

His buys tuned out to be good ones especially Given and Bellamy.

But remember the rest were bbrought hear by Cook and Marwood, only problem with this no coaching team to meet them and work with them with any credibility, thanks god Hughes's back room staff have been flirted none of that lot, decent men I have no doubt, but coaching Robby, Tevez; Santa; Zab give us a break!!

The only problem I see now is Bellamy ..... best buy ever............ however hope he doesnt lead a rebellion, we need him and given, however the other idiots who aligned themselves to him are the very reason Hughes had to be sacked.

How the hell do you pick that idiot Richards avove Zabeletta, pick SWP; that shit house Ireland but leaves Petrov and Kompany on the Bench.

Crap use of subs, the number of times Weiss could have had a chance in favor of SWP (dont kid yourselves he's had it) later on in a game, tried it twice and guess what he scores twice.

Hughes however proved to be a very honourable and likeable person, however I'd keep my mouth shut for 5M quid

I think we've missed the boat with Gary Megson to be quite honest, hopefully our owner and the board will see the light and reverse the decision asap.

In all seriousness if it wasn't for Sheik Mansour we would be lucky to get even Megson, so I'm very grateful for such a high calibre manager to take this club forward.

I voted a definite YES!!!!!!! Look, at the end of the day, the players, that Hughes bought , got him the sack! In the close season he chose to re-organise the attack before the defence. For me that was a fundamental error. I thought you build from the back. The defence had to hit the ground running and never got into their stride! Lescott and Toure were massively overpriced and it hinted of panic buying when it came to light that Terry wasn't coming.
Richard Dunne was voted player of the season yet when The Hughes Regime arrives, his form plummetts. It doesn't take Einstein work out what happened there! Look at him now.. he's on his way to being player of the season at Villa.
Tactically, the man was inept. He hadn't got a clue how to change a game. Now I don't profess to be a master tactician but everyone who went to watch City, would tell you he very rarely made the right substitution, and didn't have a plan B!
His backroom staff were the same as when he managed Wales and Blackburn.... no changes. Well maybe they let him down! Too many Yes men instead of people that would challenge him.
As far as "is Mancini, the right man to take charge", I think he is! He will probably have identified who he wants in the January transfer window and of course, he will be given the money.
And as far as the players are concerned...... if they want to play for Man City then they'll need to get over this fast because if they don't, they'll be sold.
MANCINI = MANCITY. COME ON YOU BLUES. LET'S GET BEHIND OUR CLUB AND STUFF ALL THESE REPORTERS AND EX FOOTBALL PLAYERS (ie Thompson, Merson etc) THAT ARE HAVING A DIG AT US!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.