Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
Voted no. Really liked Hughes and the way he conducted himself, feel really sorry for him now.

However, I think Mancini can do really well, and hopefully the decision will be a good one.

blumoonrises said:
1961_vintage said:
The Spurs game showed that Mark Hughes had totally lost the dressing room.
The only question is whether the players knew before that game that he was going and therefore turned in a Sven/Raggles type performance (if so more in a couldn't give a shit than a protest me thinks!).

and just how would that explain their efforts today...?

Ridiculous statement

Compare todays line-up with the starting 11 vs Spurs. Note the "characters" on the bench? Need i draw you pictures?

Not as "ridiculous" as your total and utter ignorance.

While I liked Mark Hughes as a man, (post match interviews were always done with a sense of subdued anger), but his tactical decisions were sometimes comically poor, I also believe he had enough time and money to change turn the side into a winning team...he didn't he only got as far as a drawing team, which wasn't good enough

Regading the actual question I don't think it was right to sack him and replace him with Mancini, it was underhanded and the wrong time considering we were 6th and had a semi-final to look forward to, although I agree he did not deliver what was expected...success. Also the infrastructure in place such as Kidd being appointed as assistant from Acadamy Director seem to suggest that there was always a probability of this situation arising, whether this is good or bad is another debate, it is similar to appointing a director of football: In business there is always someone waiting to stab you in the back, it is just a matter of how long you can avoid those knives, not if you can.

i was on the fence with hughes, but have had doubts about him, so i accept his sacking, but i nowt about mancini

i think hughes has showed dignity today & wish him well in the future , but not at our expense

1961_vintage said:
blumoonrises said:
and just how would that explain their efforts today...?

Ridiculous statement

Compare todays line-up with the starting 11 vs Spurs. Note the "characters" on the bench? Need i draw you pictures?

Not as "ridiculous" as your total and utter ignorance.

Of course its a Ridiculous statement to say the players didn't give a shit on Wed... when it was mostly the same one's, apart from the obv couple, that did "give a shit" today...why would they do that..?!
Or to say that they knew..! it is well known that they only found out today and went to protest after the game.

the only ignorance here is yours for not realizin what you said

fucking great isn't it. still the split. the way I see it, mancini is worth the punt, hughes was wasting our time with the premiership proven strategy, and not putting us in a position to take the opportunity presented by liverpool's poor season. mancini has a hell of a track record with big players similair to robbie and ade, so he could very well put us back on track very quickly. otherwise he could flop. simply : Mancini proves himself or we get a triple AAA we can all agree on. has to be the way.

so much for stability. depressing but I'd seen enough to think that the hughes thing was going sideways, not forward. 250m and we are the 7th best side in the country. suggests another 250m might not have got us into the top four, because he just couldn't take control of the ego's, put out a good enough team with the kind of players he was buying, or, to be blunt, organise a defence to save his life. I have to believe that lots of 'good' players does not equal a top four team. his transfer targets were too cautious and we were witnessing the law of diminishing returns. there just arent enough good proven prem players of a certain age around. we got what was available rather than what we need.

Mancini's tasks are to find a couple of players who will really add something, to organise the defence, to get the best out of the big names. if he can do that in a couple of months, we're going to be the best of the top four challengers.

bienvenuto, roberto!

Hughes strengthened where we needed it. We needed atleast 2 strikers, he got 3... we needed 2 centre backs he got 2 we needed a left back and he got one in bridge... i dont think you can criticise hughes in terms of his transfer policy at all. he bought good quality players that should and could of had us in the top 4 at the very least by now. substitutions sometimes were debatable though but i reckon his team selections were fairly good once he realised de jong and barry didnt both need to play every game.. he just realised way to late. hope he gets back on his feet and gets a good job, really do like him as a manager and i am fairly sad to see him go to be honest.

Had a poll been taken at the game, it would show there was no split amongst the supporters anyway. There was never a strong Hughes out following at the matches..

I'm shocked as I've just found this out. Having watched our win earlier
which was very frustrating for me and by the looks for MH to watch
(I wonder if he knew he was on his way and with that wave to the fans at the end).
I blame the players more, mostly the defence (apart from SG) more than MH they just haven't been up to standard and they showed that again tonight.
I'll be supporting Roberto and Brian Kidd and hope we do end up in the top 4
which is very achievable, Roberto had a great record at Inter and hopefully he can replicate that with us. Apart from the two manure games all the others in the next month are doable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.