Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
well, i've been a man city supporter for the last 33 years.
i voted no to mancini in this poll..reason being, his record looks ok on paper, but i don't think he would of done as good as his record suggests if the italian league hadn't been in turmoil due to the tax and corruption scandals at the time. juve and ac milan all lost players and points because of it.
he is untried in the english league, but so again was mourinho, so only time will tell.
personally, i would rather have seen the board stick it out with sparky till the end of the season when they would have had a better chance of getting either mourinho, hiddink or someone with a better pedigree and experience to replace sparky if they were hell bent on getting rid of him.
however, having been a city fan for a long time, i'm used to all this and a lot worse. we just wouldn't be city without a lot of topsy turvy.
i always thought to myself it would be atleast 2 seasons before we would consolidate a top 4 spot or with more luck, win the league, things just don't happen overnight, especially when u buy a full team practically, it takes time to bed in...but i do think he made bad decisions in the defensive department, toure in my mind was never world class. i would rather have kept dunny, but we do have the best keeper in shay. anyway, these are just my opinions.

Chippy_boy said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Shame it didn't happen 12 months ago when we already new this was to big for MH.

+1

A year wasted. Not to mention the money.

This club is miles further on than where we were when Hughes took over. Some folk have alarmingly short memories. The whole fabric of the club has been changed from top to bottom. The results on the pitch haven't reflected those changes.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Chippy_boy said:
+1

A year wasted. Not to mention the money.

This club is miles further on than where we were when Hughes took over. Some folk have alarmingly short memories. The whole fabric of the club has been changed from top to bottom. The results on the pitch haven't reflected those changes.

That's the whole thing though isn't it? The only true measure of success is results so if, as you say, things are much better behind the scenes why hasn't this been reflected on the pitch?

on holiday in oz at mo., and missing all the excitement. hughes had to go. i think the official statement is absolutely spot on. i got up at 4am to watch the spurs game and what a waste of time that was. like so many other away games, their 'keeper could have taken a day off! totally fed up with our lack of attacking prowess, considering the players we have at our disposal. hughes installed a 'no excuses' culture for his players, so the same has to apply to him. our owner has invested a heck of a lot of money into the club and, somehow, i don't think finishing fifth or sixth was ever going to appease him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.